Jobs and stuff
so today is a bit of a turnout for the books. I want to remember today as very empowering, as the day I actually realised what I was worth. I tried to hand my notice into my job last week. Into the job that's been underpaying me and telling me that I wasn't good enough for years....so today is the day they offered me a decent payrise, the chance of promotion, and the day I realised they really do want me, and need me in fact. Today I am big-headed, and just a little tipsy on bubbly stuff. I thought, why not.
I got a decent payrise (they tried to match my job offer), and also they told me they were going to try and fast-track me for promotion....it makes all the rest worthwhile. I accepted their offer because I realised I didn't really want to leave. And what with everyone else leaving there were a lot more opportunities than I realised. Plus job-hunting over the summer months sucks. I was going to freelance, but it's a lot of effort of looking as well as working. So, let's just see what the next few months brings work-wise. I figure if I still want to leave in a few more months, I can. And I've had a few months on the pay I deserve. I feel good today! xxx
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats!!!! You should feel good! I hope they deliver that promotion soon. Hard work deserves to be recognized and compensated! Good for you!
Post a Comment