Thursday, November 09, 2006

Soppiness

It worries me that I just *might* be getting a bit soppy and romantic in my old age...watched Breakfast at Tiffany's the other night and it was so sweet - for some reason I've never watched the whole thing, although I have watched parts.

I got the same feeling at the end I get when I look at my new man....that scared me a little.

I'm not the most romantic person in the world, in fact can get quite embarrassed when things get a bit soppy and romantic - am not used to it and never quite know what to say back. Or at least something back that won't sound lamer than a wilting red rose...

However, I've come to the conclusion that doesn't mean it's not nice when someone is romantic, even if you don't know how to deal with it. Or that the most romantic things in the world aren't the huge gestures of red roses or a weekend away (although both are nice at times!) They're more things like offering to bring you a bowl of soup when you're feeling ill, or carrying your bag on the tube, or getting your favourite drink in while you pop to the toilet (and doesn't have to ask what you want, just knows). Those are all things that get me. They're very nice.

Who said romance is dead??

1 comment:

Jen said...

Romance is awesome, and I agree, it's the little things that get me too. I also feel a little awkward when things get too sappy. Sometimes I just burst into laughter because I find it so cheesy, but it is nice. Enjoy!!!