Friday, June 15, 2007

So when did I get to be so old??

Just been out supporting a friend from work playing at the whitehouse, and on the way home passed a kfc where a bloke (probably around 18/19) poked his head out the door and propositioned me. The worse thing I could think to say (and admittedly I only said this in my head!) was, er take a look in daylight, mate, I'm probably almost twice your age.

The club tonight really reminded me why I don't like going so much - yeah I get some looks and enjoy having a good old dance, and I still turn a few heads when I'm busting some moves, but really, there are so many more younger girls and guys. When it's not a special do, that place is rubbish - it's just all the beer crowd out there on the pull, it seems. I do spend my time wandering around going 'huh, look how wasted that girl looks.' 'look at that guy grinding his jaw, god.' 'I hope that girl knows what she's getting herself into' and finally when I saw S (who didn't remember my name - that really gets my goat when I've met people a few times and they don''t remember who I am!! anyway, he was dancing with this girl who was about 22 maximum (I believe he is 36 ish) and I thought thank god A didn't cop off with him. I have no idea why she even contemplated or found him attractive, but I realised why he creeped me out a bit. He looks like a slimeball, and guess what. He is a slimeball!!

On the plus side Cat and I got into the members room which was pretty darn cool :0) Never been up there before, we could have a nice drink and watch all the DJs with their entourages get charlied up in the toilets. Sometimes wish I could have another go at that, but hey. Long gone. I guess what tonight demonstrated is yes, I love a good dance, but I'm liking the dancefloor we have to have them on less and less. That's surprising to me!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeay dancing! Who cares how old are the kids around you? Just enjoy! And for the cheeseball, good for you for not going that route! See? With age comes wisdom! ; )