Saturday, March 13, 2010

8-03-10

My god such a lot has happened since I last wrote in here, having no internet = no blogging…

First off been to Prague, which was great. My travel diary details that a bit more, suffice to say that I almost missed my flight because I was a day out. But luckily checked the itinerary and all was fine.
Had a lovely time there, but not sure would go back. I do see what people mean when they use the terms ‘very Eastern European…’. Was taken back to my uni days by Nicki & Lou’s drinking habits (of the get em down ya: jaegerbomb) variety. I had to bail out on more than one session because I was feeling sick and didn’t want the drinking to be a competition. It was madness! Nicki is as crazy as ever, but it seems that Australia suits her and she also has a lovely boyf so that is nice. It was nice to meet some of her other mates too, they were lovely. (Lou and Matt).
Before and after work has been hell. I am so sick of rubbish management, of the two who shall remain nameless, of trying to work as a team and just being left out that I am just now working to my own devices. Which means once again a lot of working on my own. I’ve been working a bit with a different art director and copywriter, and that’s been really nice, and I remember what it’s like to brainstorm with people who actually want to work with you☺, I’m still not sure why it’s been so difficult with the two, possibly because I am not very good at hiding my feelings. Anyway, at last the time has come!

Mum has been to stay. After our usual slightly dodgy start (she began the weekend with just asking me lots of questions about what I did and didn’t have and what I should and should not get), which totally put my back up as I’ve been so busy pitching that I haven’t had time to do anything I wanted to for here. It’s perfectly liveable it’s just the little touches I need, and a sofa (and internet so I can sort out my job things in the evenings). Anyway, we rowed and then made it up somehow and the rest of the weekend has been lovely. We hung out, went to the flea market, a few cafes, supermarkets, Ikea, and a walk. She left today and I was scared she was gonna miss her flight she left it so late. I always feel a bit weird when she goes…

As for the man situation, all I can say is what man? Aussieguy has not been in touch with me, I don’t really know what to say to him about last weekend as he was totally rubbish and I’m not very good at handling that shit nowadays. I know I should not put what happened to me in other relationships onto this one. I need to let it go, let myself go and let guys in a bit more. This way does stop you getting hurt so much when it doesn’t work out, but maybe not letting them get close in the first place means that they don’t feel anything for just letting it fizzle – like she obviously doesn’t like me so what does it matter if I don’t see her again…on the other hand if you do let them in too quick, they get bored as they lose the thrill of the chase. It’s really weird! It seems to be a fine balance that I haven’t quite mastered yet. I’ll keep you posted but it’s not looking hopeful.

No comments: