Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SO I was remembering this morning something that my mum told me when she was staying. That she’d had an abortion when she was in Cyprus. Apparently she had some kind of accident, they x-rayed her at the hospital without asking her if she might be, and it turned out she was. Then they recommended she have the abortion as it can really harm the foetus to have that happen. After she had that, she couldn’t carry a baby to term without having her womb stitched up, which is what she had to have with me (after two miscarriages), and then I was born prematurely.
After me, she could carry to term.
I’ve always wondered if that was where I got my impatientness from. I couldn’t wait to join the real world, and now I can never wait to do anything else, I get so impatient. I don’t like to wait until the time when something might happen, but try to force things instead. It’s very un-zenlike. I suppose if I ever have kids then patience and slowing down is something that might happen to me more naturally.

Anyway, it’s amazing what you can learn about your mother when you think you’ve known her your whole life…

No comments: