Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally the summer weekend of the year!

Lovely one of going to lakes, finding spots near the park (after the pagan games that erik, nico and Namit organised)< was quite glad to have an excuse to leave, lol. I'm so boring nowadays. Don't think it'd be different if I didn't have a boyfriend, he wasn't even around, but the thought of going around to someone's house and drinking with them just wasn't appealing.

Instead, Micala called and she was with Gwen and Signe, who'd found this hot spot off the Bos that you can actually swim in, it was quite refreshing, and with this cool grassy bank you can lie/bbq/watch the world go by on otherwise. Pretty cool.

Sunday was nieuwe meer with Alex, Max, Jen Orum, Micala, Dan C, and a load of other people I don't know very well who were very nice (advertising set), Gemma et al. I'm sure I'll see them around again. I left early to get back here and finish some work, except by then Tiff had cracked it, which was awesome. Instead I finished my washing, tidied, ate decently, and got myself ready for another crazy-busy week. Not as busy as last week thank god!!! I need those sunday evenings.

Got a massive case of FOMO though when saw the photos, I always seem to leave just before the cool fun and photos thing starts happening...in fact I'm pretty good at leaving early hahah. It's becoming a trade-mark. Usually feel like want to be home. and watching a film. and waking up in the morning without feeling like death (esp. when it's monday).

Was a fab weekend, where the temps hit over thirty and sunny for both days, pretty unheard of for the Netherlands, and all you can do is to find a quiet (to not so quiet) spot to swim in, which is exactly what I did. Soooo lovely.

Even today it's mid-2o's although apparently it's breaking this week sometime.

Jeff, the boy, has been away for over a week and just waiting for him to arrive. Am soooper excited which is a good sign I missed him a lot, esp over the weekend and last couple of days. Things just aren't so wondrous and fun without him there, although it was fun to text and let him see what I was doing (spesh sunday night, hahah).

No comments: