Well, having a boyfriend is NOT conducive to posting in here very often, obviously!!
I have worked hard, but last week not as hard as usual.
I have been to stockholm on a city break with the Canadian. Very nice it was too, wandered, drank, ate, drank too much vodka at Spy Bar saturday night and visited the modern art museum on sunday with a bumper hangover. Lekker!
Friday we hung out, went to this cool floating bar called 'flyt' on the harbour on the way into town, and then went to this 'Himla sky bar', uber awesome place where I got a restaurant booking (or restaurang as it is in Swedish), and then we went upstairs to the cocktail bar in the end. That would've been the night to meet up with Becca and Jim, but didn't realise they were with her brother and wife, and so we never quite made it out the sky bar - flagged quite a bit after the awesome and yummy dinner (remember Jeffs face whilst eating the Swedish Roe), and didn't think would be out that late. Then double expresso later I perked right up, and we drank cocktails in that bar. It was cool.
Saturday up fairly late of course, and just made our Archipelago tour boat (an old steam-boat), which took us out for 3 hours or so. We got back in late, and then had a wander around old town, we were looking for furniture shops but it was quite touristy. Instead we hopped into a Tapas place for a snack, and then headed back to the hotel. We got a recommendation for a place to eat called Bistro Sud, and had another very good meal there// albeit with slightly strange serious chat. More on that another time. Then we headed to 'stureplan', which is where all the bars and restaurants are. There were no queues, they weren't busy, the Laroy looked totally empty too so no idea why there were so many problems trying to get a GL. I have no idea where we ended up last time, but it wasn't around there although we may have started there, or got there after hours - remember following those strange guys in somewhere and then losing them thank god last time we went, seems like an eon ago. (guess in a way it was!!)
Had a dance, even though felt like the oldest kids on the block for sure. The nice thing about going with Jeff is that wherever we are, and whatever we do we manage to have a laugh. I love that.
Sunday, he woke up mega early which meant I woke up a little before I would've chosen to. He felt all chirpy and fine, I felt shocking - we headed out (after breakfast) for the art gallery he really wanted to go to, and then walked centrally to get something to eat. I had low blood sugar thing going on and was really tired, so after that we went back to the hotel lobby and I tried to sleep for a bit. Kinda dozed so felt better on the plane.
Got back here around 11 after stupid replacement bus service, and then we ate and went to bed basically, both of us were pretty tired. He left early to take Cate to school. I overslept by an hour and missed my 9.30 meeting, always hard one to make on a monday morning!! Luckily we could reschedule.
Monday, September 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment