Sunday, February 17, 2013

A lovely birthday

Just had a lovely birthday. Mum arrived this morning and we hung out, got ready, and then went out for my birthday meal with jen, harri, Dan, Jeff, Mia, Micala, Maxine, Mia and Ingmar, and Ira, and a couple of Mia's friends. Was lovely...there's something about spending a chilled time with some good friends that's nice - think I will do this every birthday from now on rather than try and have a party. Bit over that1

Then we wandered over to the Kingfisher and had a few drinks, just Jeff Maxine and I. We chatted about pasts and presents, a little about Dad. I like remembering him on days like this, even though it can make me feel a little sad.

Then Mum and I caught the tram home, we stopped at the dessert shop on Warmoestraat on the way, so we could get the Dutch version of birthday cake - Waffles and Ice Cream. We both really enjoyed that.

Lastly just watched some TV with mum on my sofa (it's nice to have her here, haven't seen her in a while!), and I ate a few more nibbles because I couldn't resist. We watched a programme on Kenya and the Rhino poaching problem. Funny that I had been thinking about that as Georgie had done some work on a children's book aimed at educating them.

Now, a fairly early night as mum is tired.

Perfect day really!

PS last night went out and hit Ollys party as he was having some people over I hadn't seen in a while - bumped into Alistair Beattie. Nice to see what he's up to. Same old Alistair, but I like the fellow. And Dawn, Kimberlee, Ben, pregnant Debs, and a few others...really cool to see so many ex SFers that haven't hung out with in ages :)

No comments: