Friday, March 22, 2013

Crazy few days.

Well all my days are a little crazy at the moment...

I'm spending a lot of time working, but not much time getting paid for it. The life of a freelancer I guess. ANd one that's setting up a new business.

I met with Mira today, and she calmed me down a bit. She told me this phase will pass, and all the hard work we're doing now will reap its rewards. We just need to keep going and not worry about the rest so much.

It's a bit harder because Micala is working the opposite hours to me, she's in work all day and then works some evenings on this. Whereas I'm working days and sometimes into the evenings, but want my weekends to be free. Crazy.

So what's been going on in my world? Last weekend a trip to Breda with the girls was in order. 2 out of 4 are now preggars, but didn't at all mind us drinking prosecco 'for' them. The other is still debating whether or not to have another baby. My feeling is she will, but she doesn't want to give up the freedom of her working life just yet. She's apparently making more than Tom, which is quite hilarious. We hung and lunched, and snacked and had a lovely dinner out. It was short but nice to do...

Tuesday was the developers meeting, he'd done a lot more on design, and hadn't worked on a lot of the old feedback yet, so that wasn't ideal for me - although he and Micala geeked out a lot. By yesterday I'd had two out of two jobs for this month cancelled, so that didn't make me feel great (and one company didn't even bother replying, which is a bit rude, I did a test brief for them and either they didn't like it or was massively too expensive). Strangely today have had another job request, but folio is in with a load of other creatives. So at least the requests are coming in now and again. It's the usual freelance thing going on.

Weds, my meeting with VHG got cancelled, not much surprise there, so not feeling too hopeful about seeing them again. We'll see.

It's been a bit of an up and down week to be honest, and J is also feeling unsettled, he has to find a house by next month and the one he had his heart set on didn't quite work out today. Still he's much more pragmatic than I would've been about it...

This weekend, hanging and chilling - a BBQ tomorrow afternoon, maxine's party in the evening if we feel like it (by the way it's bloody freezing here again so the bbq is a bit ironic), and then sunday I have a vague dinner plan in the evening but nothing else on. Have some sky ping to do.

No comments: