I've been so bad at posting recently.
Last week I had a hard one where I freaked out a little at no work and lack of materials to send out to get work, and I slacked a bit on W as I didn't much feel like doing anything.
I realised I was hormonal, and sure enough last week..relief. Feel better this week but the kick up the proverbial backside was needed and now have a few promotional projects on the go...Micala and Marloes are working on portfolio presentations for us to send out. Both of them are working like crazy, though, so it's not helping me too much!
I've had more than enough to do on W, M tried to take over when I freaked out so I could do my folio, but nothing got progressed (she realised how much work it was though I think), and I took over again this week. She's very, very kindly helping me with my folio in her spare time so that's helping me feel better big time. And I might have to go to London to get some work...if so, so be it :)
- development has been up and down. We've had our first real disappointments with Joost, and he pushed our project for something else last week without telling us til friday, so that's been frustrating. We're getting there slowly/surely though.
On the personal level, after the hormonal thing calmed down (where I was finding it really hard to spend time with anyone as my head was so over the place), it's been good again. It does go up and down in my head but that's my personality as well...
This weekend we had a good one because Jeff was going to Canada today (he left at around 3), so wanted to spend some nice time together. Friday night I'd arranged something with Regine, she is a lovely girl but I do feel like she kind of pumps me for information of what's on when we're out, and she's so rarely about because of her job. She has met a nice guy though so let's see what happens there. I keep in touch with her off and on.
After we'd had a curry, we headed to Matahari which happened to be where Olivier and later on Amit would be, that bar is cool and omg, never seen such a ration of men to women in one place. Was about 70% men and 30% women at one point, and hot guys too - will have to take the girls there. Jeff had had quite a few beers and was being quite sentimental which was lovely, but I was hot and tired and kinda just wanted to come home. It was nice when we got here though, he said some lovely things to me.
Saturday was moving day, I had a bit of an early getting out of bed fail and so Jeff left me here to get the car and do the first load. I helped him into his new place (it;s gonna be lovely with furniture in there. Not as light as I'd like but apart from that I like it a lot), and I helped with getting some of the stuff up the stairs. He had only a few boxes at the other place, I should've gone with him but it seemed like he had it covered (next time I insist!!), actually a few of the boxes broke and he was left with half his stuff strewn over the square, which he had to get back inside before he could repack it. Those boxes weren't meant to take such a weight it seems, typical dutch stuff!! Anyway, by the time he'd driven over and we'd got it all up the stairs we were both starving, and headed off to get some lunch at the Bakkerswinkel. That was lovely, and then we took advantage of the car and springlike weather to drive to Vollendam (never seen Jeff drive before), VERY touristy, but we wandered in the sun, had a beer there, wandered a little further and then drove back. I had an appointment with Micala to go through events stuff with the boys (I was late, but she handled it great).
Then I headed back over to Jeffs for our last night around Leidseplein, it seemed kind of appropriate we stayed there and so we did. Went to this Peruvian fusion place called 'Mashua', great food, not so great service but they were very nice so we forgave them!!), and then we went to the American hotel bar for a last night-cap.
It was mega early but we were both a bit knacked after the early-ish start and moving, so got a fairly early night...good job too. Jeff was up early this morning planning his trip and also the first furniture he wants...
Today, after I hauled ass into shower, was very slow starting this morning and not just a little grumpy when I was up, he soon hauled me out of it! We went for a walk in the park, also apt as he's leaving the area, grabbed a yummy soup and sandwich, and then walked back to his place to pack up last bits and leave.
I stopped at Sarah H's lovely rooftop place on the way home, great because we've been trying to see each other for ages, and its been months!! Then home - settle and charge up for the week I've got ahead tomorrow, got lots of things to do tomorrow.
x
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment