Been bloody ages since I had time to blog. Sadly all my blogging time at the moment is going onto blogging for W, whowhatwhereis.com. It's good it's going on though, not so good for recording things to posterity here...
I arrived in London on Friday morning and hung out with Katie, and later on the two girls libby and lexxy, so cute. We dropped my bags and then headed to the pub for a meal down the road. I felt properly on holiday so had a glass of red wine. We caught up over all the things that have been going on, for Katie how she's been coping with the twins, they sound like a total handful, and for me what's been going on in my personal life (Jeff), and my professional life (W).
I stayed there til Sunday morning - mostly just hung out, had lunch, played making pictures and running around with the twins. Kate and I did go into Hitchin on Saturday for a late brunch and wander around the shops, Yads looked after the twins which was the second time apparently, he did look a bit fraught by the time we returned (had time for a proper sausage sarnie and look at a few boutiquey place's clothes).
Sunday morning I nipped down to see Julie and we had coffee and brunch, I got there fairly early as I was up early anyway with the girls and originally she had an appointment at 3pm. Turns out since I last saw her so much has happened, leo her youngest has been diagnosed with epilepsy, and possible learning disorder - he's slow at everything. He's also got a cleft palate which makes him lisp and means he's been slow at picking up language as well. So she's dealing with all that at the moment. I did see them all, and they're absolutely adorable so all going well, despite those issues. I always really admire Julie, she just seems to get on with things.
Sunday afternoon I met Jay and some other friends (with Kate), for Jay's birthday at a hotel - cream tea and scones. It wasn't the best cream tea I've had by far but was lovely to sit and see everyone. Felt properly sick afterwards too, which I guess is a good sign!!
I went to stay from J's house at Mrs M's, and caught up with him properly drinking beer and eating pizza on his amazing roof terrace. That was fun. Didn't do a lot except chat, went out for a lovely lunch on the Monday at I actually ended up staying there Monday night as well, in the end it seemed silly to race down to London for Monday night when tuesday morning I would be back in town again North for the conference. Instead I dropped my bags at Fabi's early Tuesday morning and then headed straight to meet Micala at a cafe nearby, the grocery, and we caught up. We'd both had a busy few days and we had to finish off our sheet for Joost and feedback that stuff.
The conference tues/weds was good - a little disorganised (make it a lot disorganised on the first day), and Micala and I had our usual disagreements about everything in the evening on what should be going on. She has refused to implement anything firmly with Joost, so in the end I've let her do it her way and we'll actually see next week how that's gone. I don't know, it's pretty stressful all that at the moment.
Weds eve we went out and all the people that said they would be coming along to say hi didn't turn up, bar Anna. Anna made it but only for an hour or so, then she was tired and headed back home. I had a stinking cold by this point - I actually started getting it Sunday, but it came our properly Mon/Tues, and I wasn't feeling much like being out late drinking either. It was as a result a fairly light week!!
Thursday I headed down to Anna's, I had some headhunter appointments in the morning one with Sophie Webb (looking and doing really well by the sounds of it), and one with Amy, who I loved. Got on with her really well, although no work from either as yet. I also talked to Ben major again, but haven't got any work that way either - it's a bit harder than I thought from Amsterdam//. I met Amy in Soho, then met Jana and Fabi and Anna for lunch (as none had made it out weds evening), and then did a wander around the shops before heading back to Anna's to dump stuff and relax for a bit.
In the evening I met my new neighbour (another Ben), actually quite different to how I thought he was going to be. He was quite cute! But I had streaming cold, and no good news on the insurance, so we chatted for one drink and then I wandered off to meet all the clapham girls for dinner. That was really nice to see them, had a good old catch up and dinner.
Again wasn't feeling 100%, so I then went home at a decent time with Anna, admits much giggles and catching up on all their love lives. Gabi had just got back from Dubai, Seana had had a f buddy date with one of Fabi's exes, Anna had had a snog with someone, laura is seeing her ex but not seriously. Kate was sporting the most enormous sapphire and diamond necklace I've ever seen (both Anna and I thought a bit too bling for her, but obvs extremely expensive). Those girls have my london heart, they really do...
Friday was my only day of rest, and had some work and some follow up emailing to do, which I did. It was miserable and cold outside, so didn't much feel like doing anything else anyway, and hung out at Anna's got up late, had a nice breaky, did some shopping for her. In the evening we went to the cinema which was fun, latest Ryan Gosling film - not great but still good for a night's entertainment.
Saturday got up and had last chats with Anna, got on the bus, tube, train, and got to Mum's around lunchtime - she picked me up in her new Maza. We wandered around town and had coffee/lunch, looked at the shops, and then mum treated me to getting my nails done, which was really nice. We got home and ate roast dinner eventually, that mum cooked lovingly. She fancied it as well - it was really nice. We hung out and watched TV, didn't really drink as didn't really drink all week.
I stayed at Mum's til tuesday afternoon. Sunday was a kinda nice day, went for a run, we went to Alex and Edwina's to celebrate their engagement. Luckily it was gorgeous sunny day so we hung in the back garden, got a tour of the place (really nice), and then we walked to their local pub. I got on with Edwina really well and it's nice to see them both so happy and loved up!! Monday it was a really warm and sunny day, went into Windsor to see Rachel as promised I would, and wanted to see her. In the evening mum and I ate Curry and hung out. Tuesday was horrible and rainy, still went for another run, mum and I went to the garden centre for coffee and cake, and then it was time to head to the airport (was really early there, despite having to check a bag in this time).
Back to Amsterdam - like I said since then it's been full on work til today (having a break today...), and will be full on til week after next when we're launching.
Sitting with Jeff now on my sunny sofa in my flat, feels warm but it's really not outside. By the end of the week it says it's warming up though...
Saturday, June 01, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment