Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wobbles in the last week

Sometimes I think that wobbles are only natural, that at certain points our whole self wants to test the other person is right for us, and that only when we are sure that they are can we carry on. A kind of early warning system or something - it seems to be for me, anyway...
I suppose the difference is that with M, I want to get over it and to the other side, I want it all to be OK. Before I was kinda expecting it not to be, and so wasn't surprised when it didn't work out...
It all seems to be ok now though, which is good - and I am really looking forward to two weeks when we go away to the big chill (camping) and then the week after when we head off to Italy - excellent!
It was all over the usual - me getting itchy feet and wanting to get away whereas he is away and wants to remain settled. I am just going to have to go by myself and hope for the best, I think.

So, this weekend has been another fun and interesting one. I went into town on friday evening with some girls from work (oh and Ben), it was really fun. I rarely venture that way on a friday night nowadays, but it was good because we got into this very cool funky media bar called the crazy bear, drank some bubbly and generally pretended like we were loaded. We then went to a Japanese bar/restaurant called Koschka, not as cool but still very nice drinks (a cocktail this time) before heading to thai metro for a quick but well-needed feed!!
Yesterday then went to the Globe theatre, for Love's Labour Lost. It was a typical Shakespearean comedy, I'm not a fan of Shakespeare and it kind of reinforced why not, but I enjoyed the spectacle of the drama as it would have been in Elizabethan time, and the costumes and stage was beautiful. All a bit of a saga before we got in thoughh - mum was an hour late (hmm, no comment from me!) and she brought a very elderly friend with her who really shouldn't have been rushing about getting there like we all were, and so was then violently sick.
Today have been getting all the camping stuff together for the camping so steve can take it in is van for us - so we can have a few creature comforts and cool things like a lantern...that is why I am quite excited now. I've never done camping apart from very very basically in the US and then in South Africa, and I think it put me off the experience a little bit.
The weather has been terrible in blighty, but trying not to let that spoil the summer for us!!

xx

No comments: