Sunday, July 29, 2007


Why is home always so calming?

If I ever do move out of the England vicinity (getting more and more tempted nowadays, it has to be said!) I will really miss being able to pop to 'the head' as us locals call it and catch up with my mum. Even though she drives me crazy sometimes, I do love spending quality time with her - all we need to have a good time is a DVD, bottle of wine and some chocolate = heaven. I actually went home on friday this week and have only just got back in, so it's been particularly lovely and long. I always do get a bit twitchy at the end - I think it's the different pace of life and the fussing of said mum.
Anyway, I am lucky that my mum really is my best friend, and everything to me. I love her so much, this sounds soppy, but i don't care - here's why:
She is always there for us when we need her
She always justs gets on with things, she doesn't wait around
She is kind & thoughtful
She is extremely great ;0)
She has the best sense of humour (well it's like mine so I have to say that!!)
She loves all of us even when we're nasty/forget/get annoyed with her
She is inspirational for me (she went back to university last year to get another degree part time)
Sometimes she doesn't ask why she'll just give us a hug
She makes the best bovril toast and hot chocolate out of anyone I know
Her smile and laugh are infectious
Anyone that comes to stay with her ends up staying for years and loving her almost as much as I do.
She's a massively big softie.
I can see so much of myself in her, and that makes me glad.

What things do you appreciate about your mum??

XX

No comments: