I had a great time whilst I was away, I won't write everything that happened in this because I wrote it in my travel diary. But not the last night...I'm glad I had that last night, because the night before had been a major anti-climax after friday night's dancing, which I really enjoyed and felt like I improved in.
The next day I slept til 12.30, got up and was told the others were by the pool, but I just didn't fancy staying by the hotel so I wandered down to the beach (with my bikini and towel) and had a lovely relaxed afternoon just sitting on the sand and chilling out. I sat by the coast guard bloke, also quite amusing, and a polish couple of whom the bloke just loved himself, and the girl too by the looks of it, all posing and prancing around the whole time. V amusing. I met the jersey girls on the way down to the beach, which was cool, so I'd agreed to meet them at 7ish back at the hotel. I had a wander down to the scenic part of lloret (the castle, along the promenade), actually quite nice except for all the horrible touristy eating places on the way down there. Then I walked back along the beach, had a beer and watched the sun getting low, it was lovely. I thought had better be at the hotel by 7 because I didn't want to miss the posse going out, so I power-walked it back up the hill and got ready super fast, although didn't have very nice clothes left to wear, I wore my green casual dress, smartened up with a belt and shoes. I then went and waited for the others to be ready by the pool with another beer because they'd agreed to meet everyone at 8 downstairs in the lobby.
Once everyone was up and running, we met outside the lobby, and it turned out that 'Andy' (not Mark as I thought he was called) hadn't left and was still around, as was Mark, Diana, and Bridgette and a few others as well as the Jersey lot. Didn't know why but was kinda pleased that Andy was still around, and I could tell he was pleased I was there too. I wanted my last dance with him, esp after all the other dances had been not so great that night. Jo was also there.
We wandered to the Tapas place, have to say that it was not the best Tapas I've had in my life, but it was pretty good for the money - best I'd eaten all weekend as the food in the Guilart was terrible. We ate and drank and chatted, and Andy sat opposite me.
To cut a long story short, we ate, that was fun, then went to the cocktail bar for a drink, hugest rum and coke ever. Linda, spiritualist lady sat on my right at dinner, Andy and I stayed to finish our drinks when the others went on to the club, and it turned out Linda is a soul reader, or does soul and aura readings, pretty interesting lady, she talked a lot about 2012 and what it will mean for civilisation. ANdy is really into buddihsm and zen philosophy, architecture, and is off to JaPAN next week, so we chatted for a while about the world and what we feel about it, and the strange way it connects you up to like-minded people - i.e. why we were all sitting around there talking. I think Linda actually fancied Andy as well, but there was obviously some sort of connection going on there. We then went to the club, where I got loads of dances with the Jersey bloke (Xand), and Andy and Jo, danced well, remembered a couple of new moves, but just relaxed back into it and enjoyed myself. Me and Andy just danced so well together, really strange.
We left around 3, and on way back to hotel, went into this little club on the way for the last few dances, where I did a bachata with A, really nice, Jo left, leaving Linda, Andy, Mark and I (Mark I don't dance well with, not sure why but he makes me nervous), and then I should've left, but instead me and Andy ended up having this heart to heart conversation, I got tired, didn't really want to talk as much as I did about where I am in life (was drunk and so mega talkative), and he was touching me a lot so I could tell what was coming.
Back at the hotel, he pushed me into a quiet corner and kissed me, and it was ok, but not great, I think I was past it at that time, and determined it wasn't going to go any further - I shouldn't have even let it get that far, but we did get on well, so I legged it to bed with his 'I feel very comfortable with you', that is my gift - making guys feel comfortable with me. Too comfortable sometimes I feel! I think we had a connection, but not sure whether it's all that sexual a connection for me - he is 21 years older than me, which is crazy. But I have to say I found him attractive.
Next morning hung out with him and Di, got a lift back with them to the airport, which saved me half a cab fare, and it was actually nice to just say goodbye without any kind of stuff able to happen - although he was asking when I was back in the UK. I think if I do see him again am gonna have to set that up carefully, as really not ready to have an affair with someone who lives so far away and is in such a diff place in their life. Never thought Id even be attracted though - so just goes to show, you never can tell.
Flight back was uneventful. The being picked up in the bar by firstly fatherly, then sleazebag older man who must've been pushing 70, was not so great. He asked me a load of quite personal questions, but in a way that I didn;t really mind answering them, I think his first line was 'I feel like I know you from somewhere', to which I replied, still feeling all zen 'maybe you do', and then he sat with me and chatted, and tried to buy me a glass of wine asking about my 'boyfriend', I made up a load of stuff, I think alarm bells started ringing when he said he was driving through Amsterdam on his way back and could give me a lift, and then culminated in massive chimes at the end when he said 'he;d like to see me again, but he wasn't sure his wife would like it (tapping his wedding ring), and could we go out for lunch in Amsterdam sometime?'
He was pretty smooth, but as he moved off, he smiled at me. His grin shattered before it reached his eyes, and I felt like an adder was eyeing me up, like if there wasn't anyone else around, he would see how long it would take to swallow me whole, slowly. It was a very bizarre feeling. And the whole of our conversation, he was asking me my opinions on monogamy and things, I should've just said 'that's personal question', but because he was dutch and as old as my grandad practically, I just let him carry on asking. Bizarre (I was also bored waiting for Jasper who was really late, and once I met him, crazy in love with a girl called noorjes or something, v v sweet). All the answers I gave him were very much that I was happy with my bf as well, but he was on this railroad track to ask me out and he carried right on that path...
So, an amazing weekend was had, where I met a lot of lovely people, but also a strange weekend where I felt like had been immersed in this kind of alternative and slightly shamanic universe.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment