Sunday, October 04, 2009

Paula has been here this weekend, and what fun we've had!!

Started off thurs with a nice chili and catch up, was lovely but was incredibly tired by friday eve!!
Then we went to geek at some architecture after a thai on the zeedijk, went to tuchinsky cinema, the Jaren, and had a wander around, was nice.
I was pretty tired though so after a last drink on the Herengracht, we wandered back again and had a bit of a reading session and then collapsed into bed.
Did wake up yest until 11.30 (blissssss), then we decided not to go the flea market, I'm not in the mood for shopping flea stuff atm. Instead we went to the supermaket opposite Java island to get Paula her cycling legs, then back taking photos of the architecture she liked...got back here, had some snacks and then headed back to the haberdashery so she could buy her bits and bobs for bag-making (leather etc), then to the albert cuyp straat for the market there (we both bought belts and had a wander), and finally the best appeltaart and cream I've found in Amsterdam yet. Lekker!
After that back to mine to chill out a little bit before getting read to go out.
Last night was so fun. We went to harry's for cockatails, met mon there, then to Tabac which was absolutely heaving. I don't know why that place is always so busy, but I'd hate to work behind the bar there.
Then we went to Pacific Parc, dropping Mon off as she was being good and going home. Had a right laugh in there dancing away, I practised my 'rule' thang and didn't kiss anyone, flirted a lot though and got one guy taking my number, and the barman giving me his (was very surprised about that one because I hadn't expected it at all or even tried really...)
Back here about 4.30, I was drunk and had a little weep about the unfairness of being single and how I'm never going on another date, while Paula tried to set me up with a friend of hers, who lives in Edinburgh.
Then crashed.
Up 11.30 ish today, didn't feel too bad, out after a poached egg breaky made by Paula, lovely, to do some more architectural building - we went to centraal library, had a glass of wine there, then up to the 'east' windmill which was really cool as playing Jazz, and had one of the burgers today. Yummy. Then back here now, incredibly tired, will crash for a bit before I try and start preparing for tomorrow.
What a lovely weekend. :)

No comments: