Friday, April 15, 2011

've had a lovely few days in london (well more than a few days really, more like a week and a bit.) Not managed to do any of my normal gallery and seeing of some sights, instead I've caught up with friends, and knuckled down to the next bit of script writing I had to do...

I went to see Don and Caroline somewhere near Liphook, stayed a night. I don't know if it was just my impression but I get the impression that they're putting a very brave face on something and I'm not sure what. They don't seem like lovers somehow, just friends, and although their place is amazing, 18 acres of prime surrey real-estate, and they've been working on the house and everything, they just seem a bit tired and worn out. I hope that I'm wrong, or that if I"m right they get back their energy (I know that their kids have been taking it out of them recently!!). I met Don in the ACE cafe somewhere up the end of the Bakerloo line, was nice to get a ride out of town in the TVR Sag, although he scared me half to death in the Sag, Jag and Bob the adapted range-rover. It was nice to get out of town for a couple of days anyway.

I met stuey in town in the evening and he treated me to a nice meal in our Indonesia restaurant, that unfortunately has been recessonized by the looks of it, small portions and watered down food (shame as it used to be really good in there), it is always good to catch up with stuey for a chat and beer without anyone else around. He said he'd come to Amsterdam in the summer sometime!

Yesterday I finished off the next draft of scripts and sent them over to Matteo, then I hopped on a train up to see Jules, Rosie and Leo: really sweet kids. She is such a mum now it's strange to see her, but it's very natural and she's been working, and she's now got a permanent job coming up at the RNIB which it sounds like will suit her down to the ground. It was great to see her, albeit short. I then met Rach, Chrissy boy and Anna at Clapham Junction for some food and a drink. Again it was brief as Rach could only get down for 7, then she caught the 9.50 back, luckily she was putting her interrogation skills in practise on Chrissy boy and not me, although she asked me again how much it was to buy my place in Amsterdam (I'm sure I've told her that before, reluctantly!), and the story of me crying my eyes out in Sydney as I 'didn't know what to do with my life', I still see that outburst as a little portentious of what was to come that year for both of us, it was certainly the end of out carefree phase of life with a bump, one after the other! It was very nice to see her and she seems happy if a little bored of her lot. It seems she's getting out and about more now, which I'm happy about!. Next time my turn to go and see her and the kids, but I appreciated that she came out to see me this time.

Today have had a very lazy day, no scripts to work on (although I am sure there will be more work to do), so got up a little bit late (like I say to myself every day it's damn lucky I don't have sky TV at home in Amsterdam, I am a sucker for bad reality tv and have got into the habit of watching it in bed until I'm sleepy :( ), I watched Biutiful which is very sad but very well acted and good, watched a bit of another film and now about to head out and over to my flat to sort that stuff out :( :( more money. But really I have been very lucky with that place.

I am going out tonight for Nicky's do afterwards, and have to say that I'm kinda ready to get back to 'real life' in Amsterdam - this break has been ready, and I still don't feel much like working, but I am looking forward to whatever the next phase of life might bring me, need to earn some money, and most importantly, working on the dating site idea. Now that, my friends, is going to be really fun. I go back home to Maidenhead tomorrow to see mum again before I head (and pick up case).

No comments: