Monday, April 04, 2011

From the 26th March

26th March

Been here three days in Egypt with Mum, having a lovely time generally! Just been very lazy though...today felt a bit antsy and anxious, but think just too used to being by myself and doing things myself, and always mum wants to do everything with me...she hates being by herself!
Being independent I don't understand it but I do try to :)

Arrived on Weds, had a really good time in Whitworth with Katie - strange that I felt I had to go and see her because when I got there she told me that she's pregnant at last. With twins! IVF, but she's very happy and taking it easy. They couldn't tell why she wasn't doing it herself, but after around 3 years of trying she finally got through on their list and it worked first time. I'm very happy for her - she joins the long list of people I know now having kids...guess it's almost last chance saloon, but not quite.

Mum came to meet me at the airport which was nice, with a guide called Mustafa, nice bloke (young, high flyer type), we booked some trips through him today, to go see the pyramids at Cairo which I always wanted to do...

Anyway, not much to report, mum and I have had some good times, just sitting around and chatting (like yesterday evening at dinner, we talked about loads of things, and before on balcony about stuart and alex, and somehow got onto the subject of affairs: she wouldn't talk about it with me, suspicious. But I guess it's good I don;t know anyway!! We both thought Dad wouldn't have done it, but you never can tell, again good I'll never know for sure either way.

Yesterday evening we went into Naeema bay, about the same distance as Old Market, the other way, and shopped, we went for beer (and then found we could buy it anywhere), and so did a supermarket shop, and then we went at sat at one of the v v quiet outside bars there and smoked Shisa (I did), and had a beer, and talked to our very enthusiastic barman called Walid who was doing magic tricks. We also bought some bracelets off a little girl, more because we felt sorry for her, one of those gypsy types :)

Today got rudely awaken by the man knocking on our door to make the room up (annoying!) and then been in a bit of a sleepy/bad mood all day to be honest, compounded by the fact that mum had her email account hacked and was stressed out about it, trying to get some printout from RCI. It was hard for me to help her, don't want to get my account hacked too!

Off to Cairo 6am Monday morning, off to a beach party tonight (with guide, should be interesting), tomorrow mum does her diving at last she went and sorted it out today (good for her, she rocks!), so tomorrow will try and get up early with her and chill out by beach all day as won't get that kind of sun for a couple of days.

It's a lovely hol and just what I needed to be honest!

No comments: