Well it's been a confidence shattering, strange few days.
I basically got sent home from Tribal, was on the VW account and Chris did not like my copy one bit.
Shame I didn't get a brief before I got so nervous I couldn't perform any more...to say I didn't write my best stuff is an understatement. But I also think even if I'd written my best stuff I would've been taken off the account, although probably not in quite such a abrupt fashion, and with the chance to go back again.
As it's been my biggest client so far, I'm trying to look on the bright side - it has forced me to look into other areas and contacts, and today a few of them came up trumps. It was paying well that work, but it wasn't at all what I wanted to be doing with my freelance time. Also I learnt a big lesson - if you're not sure what you're doing, highlight it, and make sure that someone gives you a proper brief at the beginning so you have a far higher chance of 'cracking it'. I think he must've thought I was on crack with my last attempt at the copy: re-reading it was seriously bad, so I don't blame him for pulling me off it without even talking to me.
I do blame him for not talking to me in the first place.
I hope Ben is in there (or some other boy-racer) and doing amazingly well for them.
I hope I never bump into the CD in a social situation.
I hope...hmm I hope the next Chris CD I meet changes my opinion about Chris' in the advertising world.
The only thing I could chuckle about last week was about me and creative directors called 'Chris', what is it with me and them. I've never met one I got on with.
Monday, August 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment