I have had a very pleasant, if not very exciting weekend. I didn't get back from the BBB 2012 fair in Berlin until very late on Friday (gone 10 by time I got back), and so I was feeling pretty coldy and quite tired. I just hopped to bed early, which meant was up early on satuday. Much good it did me!
I reshuffled a lot of plans and was waiting around to get to see H about my expat service idea, and then she called me an hour before I was leaving to say can we rearrange til today (which I did, but which then cut short on this time)...
I met Jen, attempted to buy my coat (sold out, boo hoo!), went to watch a very bad film, and then had a thai takeaway. I didn't have the best day yesterday, but it was remedied a little when I went to see the boy and stayed over there, we caught up after his evening shift and had a very pleasant few hours, and then night there. Morning was cut short a little because of rearranged plans so went over to Harri's around 12 (not early but didn't sleep so well so felt it!).
The boy stuff is surprisingly good - will write about that in the appropriate blog.
BBB was interesting, it was great to have yewkee there as think it would've been a bit tedious without someone to share experiences/thoughts with, and also to have lunch/dinner with. Sofie's friend Diana was absolutely lovely, a star in terms of putting me up and leaving me to my own devices (she was working), she had one of those spacious Berlin flats, lots of minimal furniture, and DJ decks in the corner. I had loads of leaflets and pamphlets, and time to wander around her area friday morning (did BBB again, and premium thursday afternoon), and get a suitably nice thank you pressie.
I am glad I went, not so much for seeing the collection, but more for the insight it gives me when coming up with communication ideas and briefs for stands etc. Think Yewkee learned a lot as well.
So onto this week, a week of craziness if the last ones are anything to go by...
Oh and got harry briefed in about my expat service, was very cool to get her and Dan's input - they said to think about marketing to get people online, and then Gabi finally came back and said to think about running costs and maintenance for the months I'm running it 'freestyle'...all good points :P
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment