New Year was interesting - went to two house parties out of the three intended. May well have made the last house party but we miscalculated - Harri wasn't going to Clare's party until 1am or so, after the Singel fireworks, so Jen and I had some drinks and dinner here and then decided to head to Sandrine and Bas' first, and get away from the central fireworks that quite frankly were scary and had been going on for about the three days previously as well.
Anyway, got there and there were the usual suspects - Olly, Anais went and it was lovely to see her (with some very sweet friends over from the US of A), Kimberlee, Anika came so that was cool (she may be moving to the US so that's a big change for her, do her some good I think to get away from the ex and the life here that's been stressing her out so much). I hope she gets her residency sorted so if she wants to she will come back but it isn't likely.
And the main reason we were late is because I met a rather lovely guy there, well he is lovely - not sure it's relationship material but I really fancy him physically, which is what I was asking for, so we'll see. It was REALLY nice as he's rather attractive. and then Jen hit me with the bombshell which is that he is bipolar, or at least manic depressive. I have to admit I did have a bit of a sinking feeling after that, but having met him again last week for a date, it's not that that's going to bother me if anything. He is another non-traveler, but still for what I'm after at the moment I'm in the mood to just 'suck it and see', and also after the J man experience, I will at least know that if it's not working out and it comes to that 3 month crunch time, don't try and give it another three months!!! Cut yer losses lady.
C's party when we arrived was definitely on its way out - luckily the usual suspects were there with Harri, Minty, Becky, Dan, Fred, so there were some people to hang and stay with. Fred left with the German girl we were with at MELT, lovely lady and quite some sparky character if I remember correctly so...
Got a bit messed up so Jen and I came back here to chill out, chat the chatter and watch a film until we felt tired - then she headed home about 9am and I headed to bed about 9.30, had a lovely first day of 2012 of lying there in bed, generally slobbing around, watching crap television, and indulging my lazy ass self by not getting out of bed all day practically. It was lush!

No comments:
Post a Comment