Sunday, February 12, 2012

This week in news

The week has been amazing, and busy. Am a bit exhausted this weekend, it's been a big one.

Last weekend the weekend away in Aalten, or near there anyway, actually a small town nearby called Boschalt or something like that. 30 people, two houses, epic journey through the snow, and then everyone just going mad in there. Jen and I were the only ones in there who weren't on something most the time I think, food was amazing every meal (remember the cook off and 'tarte tartin!', martini chicken (which was sooo lekker). The birthday night was a success in the end, all presents there and accounted for, birthday cakes bought, and the like. I did appreciate Eva's help but she was really making things complicated in the end. I still have to buy the amazon gift as we had 70 euros left over.

Sunday was the usual mad dash to clear up and get out of there. What annoys me about loads of people on a come-down is that they just want to get into their cars and leave. The usual crowd did this (including Jenny O who was in one of the partying cards), who disappeared upstairs and then just said she was leaving. This means that all the people who were there right at the start (including me) were the last ones to leave and had to sort out all the final cleaning and rubbish etc. It was a bit crap but that's what happens! Some people Shalin etc were really helpful, so that was nice.

Anyway then the week carried on like that a little - MOnday had a birthday dinner, tuesday had dinner with Henriette for next steps Sandwich, Weds was meeting someone about my site. There were a few casualties of illness at work and by Thursday I felt pretty rotten - was just very tired, a little stressed out from work, and hadn't had time to relax properly from the weekend.

So, this weekend have been making up for it. Friday was out with Willem to Paradiso, band we went to see not so good, the downstairs part was a lot better. Met his friends (dirk and tippex, nice blokes), went home around 3am, messed round as usual, and then I woke up wide awake by 9.30am, not sure he was so pleased with that, but I soon made him forget about tiredness - for hours. We finally got up around 3pm and went outside to the canals to do canal side walking.

Canal walking, now there's something very cool about weather this freaking freezing. Walking on the ice is just so wrong, but also so great. The first time you step on you feel like you really shouldn't be, then you just go for it and enjoy it. I met Mon and Nora on Friday and we did our first little foray onto the ice. I may go out later with Jenny O and naked ken.

Now, work got a few things to do.




No comments: