Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Hol and blues

What can I say....tmrw I head back to amsterdam, and having been meaning to write in this for quite some time, I'm now writing at past midnight. Haven't packed, haven't quite finished anything since I've been 'home', but I have been having a lovely restful time!!

Kenya was awesome, I wrote in my diary about that...no doubt I will do a short summary here too at some point but not tonight, too tired.

The family got on and more, we actually enjoyed ourselves and although my dad was missed, felt like maybe he was there with us somehow as well seeing all the animals and beautiful scenery all around the Kenyan plains. We saw the big five this time...actually I wasn't so impressed with the safari as the first time I did it, I remember being on that truck and animals literally running along by the side of us, but at the same time, we did see all the animals we were 'supposed' to: this time it was Zebra, Giraffe, loads of antelope and gazelle, a lioness and her cub, a lion eating a leg of something (from the air), a hippo and baby, a cheetah, a leopard, loads of families of elephants, 'wide' rhino, flamingo, more birds than I can remember, more hippos, loads more elephants....etc. It's funny how you can get a bit blasé about what you're seeing by the end of it to be honest.

Then three days/two nights in Mombassa at the end, which was well needed - it wasn't the most relaxing trip with lots of early starts and piling into vans at 6am in the morning. Was not at my best until our driver (Thomas) took pity on us and let us 'lie in' by which time we were the last people leaving the lodge every morning, but we were also the happiest.

Ach it was fab. I was dealing with the lack of contact with the outside world not so well as I should've been...it was a bit strange on the man-front and am hoping that was just because we were both away and busy. We'll soon see. I missed him and look forward to seeing him, and am taking that as a good sign:)

Well hopefully I have time to write more tomorrow about everything and upload some photos, I'd like to:P

I got really blue when I got back. Was tired and hungry and a little hormonal ~I think, but got all weepy and missed dad which is why I mentioned him here.














No comments: