Sunday, November 25, 2012

Winter is here

And with it comes the getting very hard to get out of bed thing!!

That coupled with a lovely new boyfriend. End of the week was much nicer than the beginning. It took me til weds to really feel better from last weekend, hehe, and even then I probably got off lightly. Weds I had the meeting with Wilma, which was interesting - she basically wants to change the whole brand to be a lot more simple and down to earth, so that will take some work once she takes over :)

Then thursday I worked from home on things, mainly on the brand newspaper with a little other work thrown in, like catching up on what was going on with all the other writers and doing final checks on the magazines and brochures.

The evening I spent with Jeff, but because had been having a bit of a HF all week about things, he was very late in meeting me, I was working from home, I got annoyed in waiting for him (first time I've really felt peed off but he told me he was leaving and then he didn't), so he came and met me at a bar. Unfortunately, he'd had an even less cool day than me which culminated in him deciding he's moving out his place ASAP, de-coupling that with the visa application thingie (delayed by Dutch bureaucracy again). In one way am very glad he's just now going for it, he needs to get out of that place, it's been over a year he's been separated and living in the same place and from what I know things there aren't getting any better, and it's just not his place. Anyhow, we ended up doing a shot to 'feel better', and then realised Amit and Chef were out, went out to meet them, and then drank far too much without having any dinner, and then Amit did my head in totals. But that's another story (psycho-babble stuff, he was analysing me and with everything been thinking this week I couldn't quite handle it!!). Friday he left early, I had my own work to do and took it easy, actually, and then we went out for dinner in the evening to Mappa. Really nice dinner, actually, took all the worries I'd been having about 'us' away, which was cool. We were supposed to meet Alexandra but couldn't figure out where she was, so that was scuppered!!

Saturday, weather sucked, it was very easy to stay in bed til about 1.30, when I had to get up to cook for my neighbours. They cancelled last minute, but strangely, Jen was over, and so she stayed with Jeff and I and we ate chicken stroganoff, and chatted the light fantastic. Was nice actually. Then we chilled for a bit, watched a documentary (he brought the David Attenborough along), and generally sat/lay on my sofa. Alex and Conor came over for a pre-drink to Florence, and we headed over to watch that (very cool gig, but not the best gig I've seen, she was a little too staged for my liking, too putting on this floaty hands act, and we didn't have the best spot to hear her music). But it was very nice to see her standing so close to Jeff. And have a little singalong - her lyrics are fab!!

That ended around 11.30, and we then went to L&B for a whisky as Alex didn't want to go home yet. was pretty tired, but she's only around for this weekend, so we had a quick drink with her. I was hungry, ate a dirty burger which made it the third dirty burger of the week, no wonder I've been feeling like a slob!!

Today, a bit of a lazy morning but not so lazy, Jeff clicked into daddy mode quite early I think and couldn't relax, so he left around 12/1 to get to Cate's birthday party, cutie girl.
I joined them on Friday actually for her skating treat, forgot that. I gave her the butterfly treasure box I'd painted for her, she really liked it. She hung onto it and wanted to hold it on the way home (a good sign). I enjoyed doing it, but Jeff was also really appreciative, I saw he'd taken a photo of it on his camera when we got to Florence, a good sign. Actually I wanted her to know I'd taken the time to paint it, but couldn't see how she would, and she asked me if I'd done it and how I'd done it, so I told her I painted on top of the design that was already there...I'm glad I went and gave it to her, I even had a skate which was most amusing. I was so bad, Cate kept finding me these orange seals you have to push around for support. I didn't know whether to be touched or offended, hahaha. Jeff was amazing on his skates, he's basically as good as I am in trainers, he said he skated since he was two. So that's also nice to see.

Well, a really nice weekend all in all (I even got some W work done today, which rounded things off quite nicely).


No comments: