We left on friday evening for Huy in Belgium, just over the border. There we were staying at the Villa Mosa. I made some smartarse comment about it being perfect for Mimosas, and so was dishing out Mimosas (in an apron), on the coach on the way there. Luckily, as I got on the bus, Rosie and Tim were already there, and had this amazing Pimms going on, so got handed a drink even before Jeff and I were sat down.
We arrived a few hours later at the villa, funny excitable bus journey down there, I was really tired from the week and so tried to have a little quiet time, which I managed. Good thing too, once we arrived it was pretty much straight into the sauna and pool, playing ball games and hitting the ball around at one another. It was nice though, and then everyone was drinking this Prosecco in the pool, doing shoulder games, and all that sort of malarky. We kind of alternated between the sauna and pool. The pool was great, but so heavily chlorinated, unbelievable, hair has gone from dark brown to mid-brown in two dips..haha.
Anyway, Jeff and I snuck off around 2.30, we were tired and needed more quiet time, by this point everyone was downstairs dancing around, but we didn't think it would go much longer - fatal error, it went on til 4am and everything got cracked out, despite Dan saying that nothing would til the next night. Jeff and I slept pretty well and got up late the next morning, leisurely time in bed which was nice. It was a beautiful day - ate breaky, got into tennis whites, and then joined all the rest of the crew downstairs, it was lovely as everyone looked like they were on a tommy hilfiger shoot in their outfits - Jen had on this little dress and a big floppy hat, Rosie a tennis skirt complete with tennis balls. Everyone was taking it easy, but Jeff and I wanted to do some activities so we played some basket ball, wandered up to the tennis courts and had a little play around (we both suck at tennis I think, the basketball was a little better). Bounced on the trampoline with Mandy, then people were drinking and getting a kind of nibble lunch out, so got involved with that. More drinking, giggling and watching people strut their stuff, and then more sauna and pool before it was the BBQ dinner. Went up to change before hand into the evenings outfits - British excess. Of course everyone was really dressed up. My outfit was a bit of a cop-out because I can't afford at the moment to buy anything new, so I repurposed the eeyore outfit and was 'messed up english girl, on her hen weekend in the red light district', but there was Amy Winehouse, a British Spy, a brownie, Victoria Beckham, Renton, the english dictionary (!), Cruella Deville, Punk Kid, and various other great costumes.
Ray Mays did her Amy Winehouse routine on the 'podium' (wooden table) before it was moved safely out of harms way....and then with Tim on his iPad DJ decks it really started going crazy. He was playing some quite hard stuff, and then some really good stuff - the best music of the night.
Everyone went to the Sauna and pool after that - sitting inside with Sarah, Guillame, Peter A, Paul, Tim, Rosie, Jeff, Ali, Ben... (it started off with just Tim, Rosie and Jeff), everyone yelled 'NAKED SAUNA', and off came the jocks. We sat there until we baked, and then went into the very chlorinated pool to cool off. Not so good for the skin, but really good fun.
Had a wander around, had a dance, ended up in the lounge area watching Peter Adams with his silver-haired wig on, and Maxine and Paul S trying to stick their whole hands down each other's throats (quite funny). Dan came in, did a Dan sandwich (Dan was wandering about this whole time quite happy with himself, he'd gotten hammered around the time we were sitting outside in our tennis whites and definitely so when we had the fluorescent paint out!!
That night with Jeff was really nice afterwards, we went back into the fray for a bit and then headed upstairs around 3 or 4am. I think the funniest part was sitting in the lounge room, almost in the fireplace, watching as a million people came in and out and Maxine tried to fit her fist into Paul's mouth. Everyone snorting everything off the table in front, and then battle of the DJ bands (which was happening everywhere actually, but Jess P and Roger followed us into the lounge-room, and everyone else was enjoying that music so it was fair enough, but Jeff and I weren't so down. On the way upstairs, we noticed a load of people lying on the cool tiles downstairs 'cooling' off, Claire P, Mandy, Maxine. Very funny.
The next day Jeff and I still got up pretty late, there was a breaky going on which we all but missed, there was enough left to get something - and we were both starving for obvious reasons! We are breaky, hung out with the crew for a bit and then decided we wanted to go and take a walk along the river away from the fray, which we did. It was a nice walk, and we discussed a lot, even a bit of where our potential future together could go. That was nice to hear:) When we got back it was all kicking off again, people just sitting on the chairs around the deck, playing music and handing out various goodies (which was cool!). We partook in some, and that kicked off the evening.
We went outside and milled around, being wheeled in a tray of drinks. Everyone was a bit messed up, but we drank outside and got the last of the sunshine. In the 'poolhouse' what we didn't realise is that we were going to be served cocktails - someone was in there preparing them, they weren't bad really. Rosie came out with her neon face paint, started painting everyone's faces in psychedelic colours, and we then moved into the poorhouse - picture Matt C standing there as Mr Russel saying 'Welcome to the wellness centre,' handing you a drink to go upstairs with.
UP on the deck we did Dan's pressie, had a drink for him, and got photographed by Mr Adams, before everyone retired into the dining area for food. Sadly, as the food was pretty good a spag bol prepared by Ali's fair hands, everyone was a little too wasted to be eating much - food at that point tasted liked cardboard. I managed to wolf some down before too many little things kicked in, was glad about that later, and we then cleared plates, cleared the kitchen (I was on washing up duty, was fair enough as hadn't helped do anything before this time), and we all went into the lounge area to get the party started. I'm writing this way afterwards, I can't remember exactly what happened that night, it was a bit more chilled. I think I went off with Jen for a little bit, and I chatted to Rosie rather a lot. Jeff was chatting to Harri's bro Tim a lot, and then at some point Jeff and I snuck off for another naked sauna (NAKED SAUNA), and just as we were coming out to head up to bed, Rosie, Tim, G and Sarah saw us coming out so we got well and truly scuppered, not that they hadn't seen it before though. We had a really nice evening and still got into bed at a decent hour, which was lucky because Dan came around at 8.45 the next morning to get everyone up before the bus left at 10. We were planning on just sneaking out of bed and onto the bus last possible minute, but as it was wandered downstairs to get a cup of tea, and then also had to help with the last bits clean-up - this time it was much better though as everyone was there together so everyone had to help (none of what happened at Dave and Mira's happening.
We were all on the coach on time, thank-god and it took us a little longer to get back than there - loads of traffic and we had to do a pit-stop for burgers and junk food on the way (I got chocolate, whoop) as everyone was feeling like death. We got back only at around 5 or 6 and went straight home to bed, I can't remember whether Jeff and I stayed together that night.
ALl in all it was a fab time, I need to upload photos to this when I get a mo, still not downloaded them from my computer:)

No comments:
Post a Comment