Friday, July 26, 2013

London work-time

Came over three weeks ago for some work, it's been a bit full on.

Heatwave city as well, literally! Hot in both Amsterdam and here, of course 5 degrees warmer here. Was pitching in an agency called Jam, staying with Steve in St Albans, in the same room as my art director Marloes. Was a bit crazy!! But we did some good work (M pitch), and they will have us back I think.

Didn't do much, met Anna on the first thursday there for drinks and dinner. Spent the weekend with Mum in Maidenhead which was glorious, mainly relaxed in the garden, ate well, went for a couple of runs, and we had a BBQ on saturday night, sat outside til 10 or so then inside for a bit longer. It was amazing. I came back in on Sunday night to chill a bit on Stevie's terrace before the week started again. Monday met Fabi at Steve's and she said she wasn't coming to BM - at the time was really annoyed but don't now have a leg to stand on as we're not going either (long story will get to at the end, but because of having to find Cate a new school at the beginning of the year).

The next weekend spent in St Albans, well Friday night we got back really late coz it was pitch weekend. All the work we did got dumped on Monday just about so it was a bit of a waste of time. Sat/Sunday last weekend moved Albans, including the church and everything. It was nice actually. Arrived here, dumped bags, Jeff was already here and we headed out in Clapham for lunch and drinks which I enjoyed. We actually only ended up having one more day of work on Monday (again finish late), but then we got tues/weds off.

Yesterday could've had another booking for a month but after saying I would do it, not sure I really wanted to, and it came across in the interview. I didn't feel so confident I could get what he wanted done by myself either, so he found someone (a guy) who would. I felt relieved, then a bit stupid, but today it was nice because had some W work to do and went to see Rachel and her girls. Kind of prefer that to work anyways, which also probably came across! Oh well. Win some (Jam), lose some (Thunk).

Today had a nice day, went to see Rachel and her girls in Hampton. I did promise I'd see her this time so I'm glad I got the chance to go down. Micala is a bit mega stressed with the launch too, so it is best I'm back in Amsterdam next week to Weds. But I'm not sure we'll be launching on weds, apparently Joost isn't sure about some of the bugs and what caused them and they've both been stressing out between them a little.

Back to Amsterdam tomorrow evening, before which have to clean and pack...gonna start that tonight.

No comments: