Have had a lovely weekend and got an awful lot done despite being away for most of it.
Mum came up Friday and we chatted, caught up and had a vege strogenauf (sp??) I cooked. She brought the dog with her who is so old and decrepit it's sad, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't ever see her again. She's had a good life though!
We had a proper girly day on saturday - it started off with Pilates, then onto putting together some furniture I had ordered for my flat, and then we went into town for a lovely lunch in St Christophers Place, and a wander around Selfridges for a very belated birthday pressie for me (I didn't find anything I wanted all that much), and then to another place for coffee and cake. Of course cake as it was my birthday day with my mum (from Feb!!) It was really nice.
Mum then headed home and I went up to St Albans to see my mate Steve who is one of my bestest friends, probably my best male friend in the world, and we kept each other company in style with wine (which I didn't drink as still don't feel like it), good chat about the dating and love world, and Thai takeaway - yummy, chocolate, sweet popcorn and a DVD called Control. The film was really good if a little depressing, but all the nibbles perked us up. His new bed is really comfy as well, so slept like a log in the spare room :0)
Today mooched around town in St Albans and walked the roman ruins as we always do, again chatting about life, and then went to see his Medium called 'Tom' who as ever was very perceptive in his reading of my life and what I need to do about it. He ended with seeing my Dad, which made me feel pretty emotional. I miss my dad a lot when am in moods like I am right now.
It's now the evening, I'm not hungover for a change and hope to get into work early tomorrow to finish off a presentation am working on for a (pretty stressful) pitch have been working on the last week. I guess it's no wonder I've been so tired.
Catch up again soon. x
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Readings and spiritual encounters always seem to leave us at least pensive. I hope it was still insightful. It sounds like a lovely time with your mom and friend, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment