Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It's late, I'm tired, but am feeling just a little bit guilty I haven't posted in here for a while. It's as bad as when I was going out with someone.
Briefly, the work at AKQA is boring me to tears pretty much - I'm not busy, what I do have on is badly briefed and easy, and there are way too many people who think they know better than you as they've been on the project for eons. I'm trying to be strategic - staying put while I'm interviewing for different agencies, I have now had two for Amsterdam, and it's looking more and more like it might be a reality soon. One is for contractual, and the other is for temp to perm with a guy I had an interview with when I was looking at GT.
I just want to get out of London for the summer and me being me I can't wait, which is annoying and frustrating. As ever it will happen when it's good and damn ready.
I got out of London for the weekend, finally made it to Dublin to see my Goddaughter christened, and catch up with my cousin and his partner. It was a good if exhausting weekend. It makes me think I may never be fully ready for kids and if I think about it too deeply I'll never have them. They really do take over your life.
Even my friends who are more like me (Jim and Bex) their boys have become their life and Becca just always looks so tired, and James has to work so hard to keep them happy. No more travelling, deciding you just want to up and do something, or go somewhere, or get away. No more getting away :0(
Anyway, I'll get a picture up here when I can/ She is lovely and not a bit like her mum - she is a proper tomboy and pretty feisty for a two year old. Sweet. A baby after my own heart.
It was wierd being involved in a Catholic Christening ceremony - I had to pretend I was Catholic, god save me.
Night. x

No comments: