Saturday, April 26, 2008

The first thing is that I was right about the dog. She passed away on wednesday, she had some kind of episode just before bed time and then mum waited until the morning to see if she would get better but she was worse so took her to the vet and had her put down. He thinks it was either a stroke or brain tumour. RIP Indah. As I said she'd had a really good life, I felt a little bad for not being a bit more sympathetic with her when she was here. Poor Indah. I've been thinking about her a lot this week which surprised me.

The other thing is had such a busy week at work! I finished at AKQA on wednesday, but had to work late as there was a presentation on thursday morning. I got it all done, but forgot to take copies of my work for the portfolio so now have to hassle them to give me some copies!!

I then flew to Amsterdam to have more interviews on thursday morning, 5.30 am I was up (and I had dinner the night before around Anna's so really was tired), and got into Amsterdam around 11.10 their time - flight delayed slightly on taking off or something. I then had three interviews throughout the day - the first fairly informal with Carl who I'd already talked to on the phone. Then another with a different agency all the way over the other side of time - interesting, and then a final one with the executive creative director of the first agency. Funnily enough they have merged with another agency called Cayenne, I applied for a job there when M and I first split up and was feeling miserable and wanting to leave LBi.
All the interviews went well, the one at Kesselskramer in the middle was more of a long shot for me, it was interesting to meet with them, but as I thought they weren't quite right for me.
The other two were pretty hard going - quite intense with lots of difficult questions to answer. Well I must've done something right as yesterday they said they were definitely interested in getting me out for a time, and we just have to work out timings on Monday. So, it looks like it's Amsterdam for me for the summer = brilliant fun.
As you know, I am really feeling a little bit bored of London at the moment, and am looking forward to getting out for a bit and experiencing life somewhere else. The nice thing about there is that almost everyone speaks perfect English too, so language isn't too much of a problem.
Exciting and scary - the interview was so hard that I feel they're going to be quite hard taskmasters. Then again, I know I can do everything I said I could in the interview, and have done it well in the past. It's just always hard going somewhere new and having to prove yourself again.
So, life is moving on - i just have to be more patient, obviously. I now think I might well miss London more than I thought and my little place too...we shall see.
The other interview I had at Tribal DDB didn't come to anything, although I know Chris B was keen to get me onboard, he had nothing for me now and was a little bit odd with me when I tried to push the point - so now I guess I will be his competitor instead. Interesting. x

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about Indah, I hope she's in a good place.
It's so exciting you're going to Amsterdam for the summer! Yay!

The Sarjent said...

I am sure she is happy up there, probably licking my dad to bits!

Thanks re the Amsterdam thing, I can't believe am actually going. It is going to be great :0)
x