

Still settling in here, but getting there...am in an internet cafe to get myself out the flat, found this great place called Struik on Rozengracht...it's big and serves wine, and has a table for my 'puter, and free wireless access too. - well it came on a recommendation.
Work, still not sure about, will be interesting that's for sure.
Flat = cool, getting used to the old furniture
Landlady - turns out she teaches poetry and so I can show her some of mine and get some tips. She's an artist, studied literature, and teaches poetry. Also she likes company and talking, so couldn't have asked for a better landlady, really. It's nice.
This is my first weekend here, have to buy a bike, go and explore a bit (figure out what I want to see), and then meet up with a friend of a friend for a drink, and maybe go to a club by myself if I'm brave enough....it's scarey but whenever I've gone somewhere by myself have always managed to find and chat to someone, and not regretted it. You do have to kinda psych yourself up though.
Been sleeping really badly, until last night, when I did a good 11 hours, and feel better for it!

2 comments:
Your landlady does sound very cool. And to have found a nice bar close buy with Internet access, awesome!
Yeah it's great. she;s so interesting and clever. We get on well and can talk literature at each other - cool :)
Post a Comment