Sunday, July 13, 2008

So this week, what have I been up to? I’ve been talking to MC about what they’re offering for a full time writer – let’s see what they come back with. I’ve agreed with Monica to take her flat, East of Amsterdam, about 15 mins from the centre. It’s really reasonably priced, and I figure although not as central as this place, the way I’ve been eating, some extra time cycling won’t be all bad. I can also move all my stuff over there mid-aug, and leave it there while I go home and sort everything out to come back. It’s all happening. I’m still only thinking in terms of a year or so, it’s too scarey to think otherwise. I also go to see about Aquent on the weekend, see what else is around – it’s always good to keep the options open.
]
Last week was a busy week, the BBQ on Saturday was really fun, quite drunken (will post up some pictures at some point) Jordy and I had a little encounter in a cupboard that was funny, almost got caught too, if I hadn’t put the lock across, nana was outside trying to get in, luckily she was hammered and don’t think realised what was going on) and we went on a ‘date’ on weds to Café in de Waag, and then to another bar (he paid for a pretty expensive meal – it just goes to show, I think M only ever paid for one meal the whole time I went out with him!!), and then cycled back to his in the pissing rain. He dared me to do it in my bra, I almost took him up on it!! Almost, not quite that daring although it would have been really funny if I had. Work is getting really busy again with two large projects looming, the Philips one, the SE one. I’m still struggling to get invited to brainstorms, am going to start just asking Mali and Craig what they have on every week and invite myself along to the brainstorm (URGH right not it is absolultely chuking it down outside, I wanted to go to the market but don’t think I’ll bother – a museum possibly??). I mean CHUCKING it down. It rains as much here as London – typical, lol!!
It’s been a quieter week socially and mentally this one than the last few, that has been nice. I needed to catch up on some ZZZs. I feel finally this morning with a lovely long lie-in I might have done so!! Last night met Mali for a girlie one in De Pijp, which is a really different area of Amsterdam, it’s young and vibrant and actually reminded me a bit of Clapham on a Saturday night, although slightly older there. Clapham is soooo young now!! We went to Barca, a really good Tapas restaurant (and funnily enough we bumped into everyone from work there, small city!!), and Mali gushed at me for pretty much the whole time, it is very sweet and kinda sickening!!. Then we wandered around to ‘Bar Chocolate’, which apparently used to be a really cool bar, but was full of weird dutchie blond types and the rudest woman at the bar ever (she was like some barwomen in soho, blatantly see you, ignore you anyway….yay!!) There was one really cute blond guy in there (yeah I know I shouldn’t be looking but he was blatantly staring at us as we left, if I am ever going to pull in bars around here going to have to get used to approaching the men, they don’t approach the women!!) Wanted to try another bar but it was a bit crowded and I was a little bit too full after all the food. So we headed over to Ilko’s for the oddest dressing up/back-combing experience. He has so many things to dress up in and gets so excited about it. So gay! Took a load of embarrassing photos and then came back home to read and get to bed. Mali was falling asleep inside (too much exerting herself, apparently).

No comments: