Saturday, April 10, 2010

For last weekend :)

What an amazingly fantastic weekend I’ve had. Quite productive too.
Had to work Friday, but didn’t do much work. Instead went out eating and drinking with the girls quite a lot. Fab.
In the evening went out with Dan and Harri, peeled off to do the pole practise (excellent fun), and then went back to a really bad darts bar on the Spui where the barman at around 9 cranked up the music, her friends started singing (really badly), and we danced like loons up the end. I had to leave after singing ‘I will survive’, and looking around wondering what the hell I was doing. Think I was home by about 12.30 which was cool as it meant I could get up in the morning.

I woke up sat feeling fine, Tom’s thing about going to Ikea echoing in my ears. So I got up and texted, and he was still up for it. We met at central with Jen Jen, and made our way up there. I went to the Woonmall and spent a lot of euros on a sofa, that I really like though with an ottoman square thing to go in front of it. Excellent work by me. Couldn’t decide about the lighting so left it and came back.
Met Bella, went to the Hermitage, but she was in the mood for talking and I couldn’t concentrate on the art, so I’ll go back by myself at some point! She seems to be doing fine which is cool.
Then I met up with my friends over from the UK – Don, Fin, Andy and Katka et al. Went for a really nice Japanese feed (where the boys ate about three main courses each, crazy stuff!), and then they went onto the trance thing. I was feeling poor and didn’t want to get mullered so left them to it.
Sunday I got up and did yoga, which I really enjoyed. I was tempted not to do it but it was part of the reason I didn’t go to the trance, so I thought I’d better in the end.
Then I met Arnaud for another Japanese meal, same place, quite amusing, and appletaart at Latei. Went back, quick change, and then went to Don et al’s hotel room where they were all still on it, and in quite some states. Playing some good trance though, it was cool! Sat there for a bit, they tried to get me to neck quite a few things but didn’t (they thought I did).
Went out for another Chinese, but couldn’t face it so sat and watched them eat, went for a cocktail, at the Lime bar, and then I was being psychoanalysed by mike, which I couldn’t handle particularly as he could hardly speak, so I left, came back here, ate, and was hoping to go out dancing but nobody was up for it. After I got over that it was ok, I chilled here, and then invited the others back for a bit before they went to the hotel room again. They came around 3 in the end (yeah late, an hour after they said they were coming), met the dealer and girlf (very odd people, but really sweet at the same time), and then we sat and talked and drank Don’s v expensive red wine (I didn’t like it, shame apparently it was a 50euro bottle!). They left at 5, by half past was snoring.
Today I had a quick start to get out and meet them for a lunch/breaky, which I managed although Bakkerswinkel was closed.
I hung out with them until they went (they were far too compus mentus for the amount of drinking etc they’d done but all looked amazingly better for a bit of sleep). Then I came back and waited for mx to get in touch, met her and had a munt thee, before finally coming back doing a bit more drawing (loving the drawing thing!!), and cooking food, and trying to communicate about the work I want done here.

No comments: