Wednesday, May 05, 2010



I had an amazing queens day again this year. Too much to write about now (I'm tired), but fabi arrived on queens night, which was good as it stopped me going out and getting too drunk like I did last year. She arrived late as there was some sort of problemos with the train.
Then in the morning (after dragging her ass out of bed and dragging her over to mine) we walked up through the Jordaan to where the boat went off.
Boat was nothing special, but the group were really fun. (Loo shack on board also bit disgusting), but we stood and danced and then went up to the front where I stood some more, unless we were going under the bridges of course).
One minute fabi was sat there with me, the next she was snogging some guy near us, and that was it for a bit.
Jen was with some beardy guy.
I started chatting to a rather tasty Irish guy and then spent the whole day with him after that - we went to festina lente, but it was a bit rubbish, then we went to the gay street to some bar his friend was managing, then back to his.
He was very cute, very tall and very nice company, just what I needed (and a very good kisser).
After I had a full irish breaky cooked for me by his friends, I found my way home to let Fabster in, and we hung out and then went out for dinner for her birthday at the Asian Kitchen down the road frm here.
She went off to meet her bloke again, Jen went off to meet hers, and us three sat in and watched a film, was pretty nice.
The next day we went and did some eating of pancakes, walking around and shopping, then met Wynn at Cafe Lux for red wine, was back fairly early and watched another film that was pretty good (but fab went to bed early and was snoring by the time I came up, bless her).
Then it was all over and Monday :(

Today (weds) has been another bank holiday, had a fab day (although have literally spent like 50 euros) - had a huge and lovely breaky with dan and harri and everyone. Then I went and met bella and we went up to nieuwmarkt to wander around. She asked me why I didn't fancy her brother - I'm not sure why there isn't a spark but there isn't.

Then I met mia and went and got a pedicure which was amazing, foot massage and nail colour and everything, very nice.
Then to amstel haven on the Amstel, sat in the sun and drank prosecco and chatted about this and that. Then to bazar on albert de cuyp street, where we had the most massive table of food for just me and mia ever. Crazy!! Maxine, Jennifer and Sharon joined us later which was good. Found out Sharon actually loves and is very good at salsa, so that is a common interest we both have - might have a new going to Salsa party....

All in all a very nice few days of Spring happenings.

Only bummer is that it's been freezing - today has at least been sunny but apart from that it's been cold and pretty horrible, even raining a little on Queens Day and then the next two days afterwards, into this week :(

Come back sunshine!

No comments: