Sunday, December 26, 2010

Having a lovely time here with my family, it's been really fun - and managed not to get TOO grumpy at any point - perhaps a little yesterday when was cooking and stu and alex just sat on the sofa waiting to be served! But I do that some years too, so...
I managed to cook a whole roast for four, masses of potatoes and roastie veggies, and lots of other veggies, in my tiny little oven, that is a bit crazy!

They arrived on friday around lunchtime, it was really nice to see them - we wandered up to get a little more booze, and get alex some wrapping paper (and ridiculously long scarf thing from waterlooplein market). Then we came back here, I cooked a chilli and we started drinking and then ate, was really nice to just sit in and chill with food and la familia. My neighbours (new brazilian neighbours, very sweet) invited us down to their christmas party so we went down and drink some wine and ate some of their food, was really nice! They were typically lovely Brazilians, super friendly and happy and quite sociable.

Then christmas - we had a sausage sarnie breakfast and then opened pressies, think everyone liked all the stuff I bought. Best ones definitely the hats, we wore them all day and mum absolutely peed herself when she looked at hers. I got a lot of clothes and creams and things, it was cool. Then I started cooking. Did that thing where after ate I got hungry every time stomach emptied out a little bit - we wandered over to Micala's party that was kind of red wine slowing down - as in they'd all obviously drank a LOAD and were kind of exhausted, still made us feel very welcome for a few drinks and then we left them to it...it's funny with that lot, I'm defo always the most sober person there, which is quite strange. It makes me feel a bit out of place even though they always try very hard to make me feel like I'm in place - I think that's why it's taken me so long to get to know them well as I have.
Micala is totally falling for this 26 year old Dutch guy, who is apparently maturer than her, I can't quite believe that and it's not because he lives a fair way out of town...she really does for the younger guys, I can't figure out why.

Was exhausted when got to bed around 1am, went out like a light, and then woke up this morning needing the loo desperately and refusing to go, so had these wierd dreams people were chasing me. Got up around 10.30 to go to loo, went back to bed for an hour and slept until 11.30, was soooo nice, and got up feeling pretty good - much better than previous day where defo had a bit of a hangover from festival of lights night.

Today we had a leisurely morning, and then wandered up to Dam square to see what was going on (not a lot), and then to Rembrandtplein for the christmas 'Winterland', think I finally tried profertjes as they're meant to be, straight off the hot plate, and mum won 'bondage bear'@ archery. Then we wandered back getting some hash for hash coffee (mum didnt really feel much again) and some wine (we didn't really drink), and some bits for the pizza dinner we put together (pretty yummy!) All I had to drink is one beer, which is pretty good for this stage of christmas. We watched 'Hurricane' all sat on my sofa together - really good film, great family film, and laughed at mum with her bugle stuck to her top lip well crumbs of anyway). The boys just left now - staying at Harri and Dan's. I need to check tomorrow they can stay there til 28th, think it will be ok!

Nice christmas time?!! And mums really enjoying herself I think as well :) :)

No comments: