2nd to last week of work, and no I'm not counting ;)
Wow, it's finally coming.
I went to SF drinks on weds night before going out on a date, and it was good to chat to everyone. Melinda (our MD) actually came up to me and said she was basically very sorry I was leaving, she understood my issues (she went into why with the creative team and everything), and that she wished she'd known earlier that was the case: then she'd have been able to do something about it. I was very shocked and surprised she came over to talk to me like that, she was quite frank about it all. And I again just said it's time for a change: time for me to move on and do something different with my work-life, after a break where I spend some time with my mum. I think she appreciated that comment as well, as she said - spend as much time with her as you can: I lost my mother when I was very young. I will do that next year, go over and see her more and get her to come over and see me more.
Anyways, D hasn't said anything to me for weeks, I don't know what he feels about it all but I think he still feels a bit bad and doesn't quite know what to say. He's been too busy on Emirates as well so maybe he just does not care.
I was flattered that Melinda came over and chatted to me like that, it just goes to show: at one point I was sure I was getting pushed out because I just was not getting booked on anything. Now she's saying she wishes I would stay - I've got to get better at networking!
Saturday, March 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment