Anyways, I arrived back home to my UK flat late on Thursday night, very sweetly, Susan and Luca had made up my bed which was really nice to get back to...the mattress is a little hard, but it seems like a good bed. I was up early ish on friday to do my conference call with Beanca on Sandwich (bit pointless but they wanted to get it briefed in, and I did manage to do a little thinking around it last week). I then went off to see Rachel and Emily (Layla was at nursery and so didn't get to see her). I was late because the call was late, and so we didn't get time to have lunch together, but had coffee and a good old natter (seems things are a bit hard for her money-wise right now, bless her), and then we went to pick up Emily from school and hung out with her and her friend samantha. Was good to catch up and see them, at last!!
I left there a little late and so missed Jana singing with Gaggle at Kings Cross, but we then did go for a drink in the posh hotel near the station, and went for dinner around Old Street, by which time I was pooped enough to want to simply get home and get to bed!!
Saturday I got up a bit later, pottered about, and then went and met Anna in town (after a little shopping spree, couldn't resist I actually went to american apparel mostly, bought a nice dress and a pair of funky leggings). It was cool to see her for lunch, we went to Carluccio's in town and ate Italian salads in the sun/rain/sun again. Was totally lovely. We caught up and it seems she is almost in luuuurve with this Shem guy. Very cool as she has also been a looonog time without meeting anyone 'special'.
Then I headed home to mum's, we lounged, went for walks, watched 'J. Edgar', and ate chocolate and drank wine as ever. Then we headed into Maidenhead for coffee and a quick dash around the shops there, I wanted to go to Boots, and finally she dropped me at the airport.
Jeff was sending me pictures of Venice the whole time I was there, was hard to see him there without me, weather was +30, and there were lots of spots that looked vaguely familiar from when I was there. So nice, so romantic, so glad if I couldn't be there with him I could be somewhere else!!
And now, this is the summary of the last week's events in Amsterdam//
Had a really good (busy) but satisfying week/ Got back into town monday night, went to see pearl jam on tuesday night (wow, what a gig!!), had a really busy week of work, and then yesterday I went on a party boat trip on the Ij, was really fun. Today is 'canada day', and so after the boat I went to go meet Jeff in a bar in town and did some drinking that today I'm regretting slightly, jaeger shots, never a good idea, but still was good and nice to meet a few more of his friends. It just seems to get better and better…In the absence of real summer arriving here, and because he already booked to go there on the 11th, we're going to Budapest for the weekend (first time will have spent that much time together, think it'll be cool to see how we get on). The kid thing keeps it pretty easygoing so far - i.e he has to go either in the morning or in the evening to spend time with his daughter. Oh also we had 'the chat' and he's my 'boyfriend'. Pretty happy about it ;)
Work has been too busy and I'm off for two nights to Berlin mid-week for a fashion fair. It is good to go but a pretty intensive couple of days….and when I get back sure the week will get even busier. Not had much time recently for my own projects..
Own projects have been overtaken somewhat by the having of a boyfriend who I'm totally smitten with. Go figure!!

No comments:
Post a Comment