I had a very strange night meanwhile with Maxine...she was the one who suggested we meet up, when we did she seemed to want to get away to see her new Nike friends more than she actually wanted to just hang out with me. She seemed tired, agitated, and a little sad about something (whilst putting on her 'I'm fine and party girl' kind of act. Was strange, I've not seen her in a while and not seen her like that either...
I thought she wanted to see me, maybe to get some stuff off her chest, but it didn't seem so that night. I'll have to check in with her and make sure she's ok actually next week.
Her Nike friends also reminded me why I'm so over that kind of scene as well: a lot of big egoed but not so confident people hanging around name dropping, telling people how cool they are, how cool are all the things they're doing, meanwhile not seeming totally happy with it... They are a cool looking and working bunch that's for sure, but nowadays it all makes me feel a little uneasy, it's probably my problemo as well, I shouldn't let them make me feel like that (like I'm inadequate or whatever) but they do, and then in part I get this crazy I don't want to be here talking to you kind of feeling. It seems to get worse with age.
Anyways, it was a strange moment indeedy.
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment