Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer weekend

Summer weekends are always too short.

I finished work this week on thursday as I was supposed to. In fact I went over to Jeff's, we had dinner on the terrace. I hung out a little with Cate and then she went to bed. It is still strange to see him in his own environment, he gets very preoccupied - I can see why he liked coming to my place for so long...he can really get away and just be Jeff. Not Daddy Jeff. Although he's very natural at it - I wondered whether it would be strange to switch to being with me, but as long as she's asleep or playing, or at her Summer club he seems to be able to be in the moment.

I ended up staying there til saturday afternoon - we went to the beach friday to take advantage of the amazing weather, it was pretty hot and sunny until 5.30 when it suddenly clouded over and started raining.

We put Cate to bed (two stories, one from each), and then cooked Fajitas which were lovely, and then watched his documentary, except it wasn't my first choice, and he got tired at the end and basically passed out before it had finished. He was very apologetic - but that morning he hadn't gotten a lie-in like me (and I pretty much exhaust him every opportunity at the moment, it's pretty funny).

The next morning we managed to get a little lie in coz Cate got to watch DVDs, I didn't even hear her come in the first time (circa 6am), but heard her a couple of the second times when the DVD stopped working. What did parents do before DVD players I wonder?!! When we were all fully up (note separate showers this time so no distractions!), we went to the little park - the one thats near their place. It was certainly parenting hour, just after we got there about 5 other families arrived, it seemed to be mostly Dads with their broods (one man seemed to have 3 or 4 together), and they were all fighting over the swing etc. It was interesting to watch Cate's interaction with the other kiddies, in fact Dutch kiddies don;t seem to play together, instead they all fight for the same piece of equipment. It starts young that attitude then?!

We played with her for a couple of hours, in between sitting on the bench and chatting. It was still nice, and then I wanted to get back here to do things (although when got back was suddenly feeling a bit odd and exhausted so instead read and went on Facebook etc), and then got ready to go out with the girls last night (finally mon, mia, jen and I together!).

We all had a nice meal, although very civilised for us, no shots or major drinking, and think we were back home by midnight. Still, it was nice to not be hungover today - had a pretty productive one - ran, did supermarket shop, picked up bike, cleaned, went to park, did my VHG timesheet work and prep for tmrw, and then did some of W. Not bad for a weekend's work?!

AND spoke to mum tonight. It's over between her and the man she was seeing, he didn't sound like he wanted her for her conversation and she just doesn't want it to be that intense to start I think. Sounds like there are a lot of randy old buggers about!!! Anyhoo that's a strange condo to be having with one's mother, even though I find it interesting.

All in all I enjoyed this weekend. Am feeling extremely hormonal though, boobs, eating, weepy, chocolate craving, going over things in my head, the whole lot. WHat a pain!!!

No comments: