Well, it's no secret that I'm firmly a spring/summer gal. I always find it hard to stomach the shorter days, foggy mornings, rain and cooler temperatures of Autumn, especially if summer hasn't been a lot better (welcome to Northern Europe!).
This Autumn though has been different, which I'm sure has a lot to do with a certain someone, who just makes everything nicer. This weekend was an example, we took his daughter (I call her the little lady, her proper name in 'Cate') to Delft for a little adventure. I made sure I didn't drink too much in the 'sleazy tour' we had of Amsterdam - YewKee and ppl finally made it out for that, was fun, more on that later. And I had to be up and out of here by 10am on a saturday. No mean feat if you know me.
Anyway, it was fine, I made it, it was fun on the train, and we had a blast when we got there. The lady was a little bit grumbly at times, she is constantly trying to get her own way at the moment and at points of course Jeff doesn't give in. No major drama until just before we left, when understandably she was really tired and grumpy. Even the train ride there and back was made nice by sitting there wtih his arm around me.
I went and stayed there saturday night after my 40th birthday party (Farnaud's, lots of Frenchies, didnt know that many people). I wanted to actually wake up with him in the morning - and it was really nice. We've got to this slightly more comfortable stage, since we've weathered a trip away, and come back and missed each other. For all that worrying it maybe did us good.
Sunday was hanging out at my place (we were both tired, being woken up at 6am by the lady), and so did work/dutch homework, chatted, and then went out for Mia's birthday at the Bakkerswinkel (I was really premenstrual and didn't feel like eating anything even). Very unlike me!! But nibbled and it was nice to see everyone.
Then back to mine for 'The Fighter' on TV, pizza, wine, and snuggling on the couch together. Maybe this winter is going to be OK after all :) I don't mind being inside, looking out, if there's someone that cool sat by the side of me.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment