So this was J's birthday weekend, it's been interesting. I've seen him on both days but both days haven't been feeling my best! Yesterday we finally went to try the rock climbing. I woke up feeling a bit nauseous, but this happens sometimes, usually means I'm hungry. I ate a banana and headed out to my meeting with Micala and Alex. That went ok, except brain really wasn't working properly...then I got back and rushed to get changed so I could get to the rock-wall climbing, it was a bit tight. I still wasn't hungry but thought I should probably eat as I was going to be doing some kind of strenuous activity. I wolfed down some cereal.
When I got to the place I felt ok, its a train ride and then a walk from Sloterdijk. We kitted up and got the intro talk I felt more queasy, but chalked it down to nerves. It wasn't though - halfway through the intro speech I had to bolt downstairs and I literally just made it into the bathroom and projectiled into the sink - lovely. Luckily there was this massive sink just inside the toilet door and there was no one else around, otherwise it would've been all over the floor. I didn't feel like giving up on the climbing since I'd gone all that way, so I went back upstairs and actually did my test climb and blocking duties, and got back down. As everyone else went into the big wall, I decided that wouldn't be such a good idea (and I looked a bit grey according to Jeff) so I sat outside and watched for a bit - started to feel really queasy again. Jeff was very sympathetic, we made it to the station and then as we were pulling up to the station entrance my body said 'best be now or never', and had to run out to the front of the station behind these strategically placed pillars, and was really sick again, it was huge. And this time it was more than just the once, I was behind there for a good five-ten mins. I felt better again, and had to come out to a Jeff looking like he didn't know what to do or where to look, lol. He very kindly brought me home, bought me some sick bed things like ginger ale, ice lollies, and made sure I was ok in bed before he left to get back to Cate and the nanny.
Wow, really not been sick like that for a while. I woke up again around 7pm all achy, and then slept til around 10 where I didn't feel so sick. I watched some episodes of breaking bad - kinda into that one now, and then slept again til about 8 this morning - and finally got up around 12 as I slept/dozed some more...
I made it out today for the pancake boat for Jeff's birthday, didn't much feel like eating pancakes though, never felt less like it in fact. I wanted to pass over the gifts and make some sort of appearance. They gave him a fizzing birthday pancake, too funny. And I handed over my gifts, also to Cate - she liked her dress and I think J appreciated all the effort. He's very laid-back about these things so far...I like a fuss being made on my birthday!
Anyway, pretty much came back and climbed straight into bed. Rock and Roll weekend, not!
Sunday, October 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment