Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, reds and pinks, not blues

I've had a pretty good two weeks, considering I've been working from home and usually that plummets me into a spiral of depression/hopelessness.

I've been working on my own stuff, which has been going well - for the most part have managed between 3-7 hours a day on it, which is way more than I was doing before working for the fashion company (i.e. my cunning plan worked!). I still have way more to do though, this week is writing the copy and finishing off the links. All the other parts I've put on hold until I can talk to my elusive business partner, she comes back in a week and a bit.
As Joost predicted, the working from Oz hasn't quite worked out;) not that I blame her, but she's not been answering many email questions. We have chatted a bit on Skype though.

Hum, this weekend (onto much more interesting things), I finally had my Christmas Present from Jeff. It was in the form of a few (about 6?) first experiences garnered from our dates, presented in layers on a map, and with this very heartfelt card with it: fromFOAM where we met, to the bar we want to afterwards, to G&Ts where we had a brunch, to a quick walk in Westerpark (and a carrot cake instead of a picnic) it was very freezing by the way, and then also a stop in between in Nieuwemarkt where we had our first (very awkward I might add) kiss. I'll let you work out the order when I post photos and the map. Then he took me for dinner at Mamouche, this very romantic french/moroccan restaurant in de Pijp. Also the place where we had our first proper romantic date. Service was so slow there (again!) that I gave up on the dessert and coffee (which tells you just how slow it was>>>), but the atmosphere in there is pretty nice.

Sunday  - lie in, was tired after all the weekend activities! And then hauled my ass (and literally hauled it, was so nice and warm in bed) to go swimming with Jeff. I like the pool near his place. Then we both had to part for some serious work stuff we had to get done.

I actually spent from Thursday with him - we finally went to the eye film to see Django, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Not as good as some other Tarantinos, but still with enough twists and turns and interesting references to make it watchable way more than once or twice. He is a very clever fella bucking the Hollywood trends.

Friday was AWOLnation. We stopped at Wok to Walk for dinner, actually nice. I felt seriously old in the Melkweg, they are obviously the kind of band that have a teenybopper following, which is strange: they don't seem like they're teeny bopping music to me, but what do I know? Jeff and I were some of the oldest in there, and I got beer spilt all down my side over my new boots - wasn't amused but had to chuckle. The guy actually said sorry, he saw the horrified look on my face. Partly that (and partly we were both just a bit pooped), we went back to Jeff's after and got into a bath, hahah.. Bubbles and bubbles as Jen would say. We did try the whisky bar first, but it was simply too busy, and we had the brainwave trying to think of something else to do. Sometimes the best thing to do is simply to just go home.

All in all a good week.

This week, I am behind on work due to a Portfolio crit I have at AKQA on Weds - spend about 3-4 hrs today putting together a new folio. One that fits with what Marloes shows more...actually, as you get into it it's quite fun, but the thought. And digging through all my hard drives...eek!

Just managed yoga with Mia - we've done about three weeks of doing Yoga. Long may it last (had a good girlie catch up and dinner of greek salad and pizza toooo).

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have really been wanting to try Yoga as well! Are you enjoying it?

The Sarjent said...

Yes, we love Yoga. It's hard to get into the practise and stay in it though, very easy not to do it and let it fall to the wayside...