Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Couples and Dinner invites, don't geddit.

Recently being coupled-up has resulted in a massive spate of dinner invites which is lovely but what i want to know is this....why is it that you're only entitled to go for dinner round someone's house when you are in a couple? I don't get it!!

I met up with some mates with the new man on New Years Day and two of them invited the man and I round for dinner - I never got an invite when I was single, and I'm pretty sure that if I'd still been single that I wouldn't have got one then, either.

Is it like being a member of some exclusive club who's privileges include dinner round a mate's and smug scintillating conversation around what you've recently done as a couple?

Maybe I'll get used to it, but at the moment still finding it a bit strange all the things that change when (in the words of the spice girls) one becomes two....!

Oh Happy New Year everyone, mine was excellent - a houseparty round a friends. Houseparties are definitely the way forward, lots of good music, fine wine and a good old dance, and only spent about a tenner on the booze - bonus.

1 comment:

Jen said...

yep, I know what you mean, that's happened to me as well... I wonder why it is though...