Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Month end

It's nearly the end of January which can mean only one thing...it's almost time for my birthday....! Fantastic in one way (I like parties) and bad in another way (I'm another year older). I was dreading being 30 so much but now it comes down to it, I am kind of sad to be leaving this year behind. Along with 27 it goes down as one of the best years of my life. Here's why those years were good to me.

27:
Got me a boyfriend
Moved into my first ever flat the year before, but it was this year I really got it sorted
Got my first 'proper' job that I actually wanted to do
Got into clubbing, with all my fun mates. It was really fun for a while there.
Went to Ibiza for the first time (gosh this was REALLY fun, it goes down as one of the best and most messy hols ever, the villa was fabulous too)

30:
Got me a boyfriend again (eventually) and this one is definitely a first-class upgrade
Did loads of fun london things I'd never done before like some gigs, exhibitions, walks, visits
Got me a new flat that I did everything up in myself, or at least chose how it would all look and work. Moved in and loved it.
Really started moving in my career, and enjoying it again after a rough patch the year before
Had some really great 30th birthday parties (managed to string em out over about a month with diff friends, lol)
Did the grown-up christmas thing round my place and it was a success

I refuse to be sad about turning 31, it doesn't seem such a big deal as 30, but it will take some doing to beat last year...bring it on.

And just to show just how grown up I'm feeling, I'm going to take everyone to Rollerdisco. Very mature as the last time I did this I was about 12....as someone said growing old is obligatory, growing up is optional.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You go girl! Enjoy that rollerdisco and don't worry 31 is fabulous!
Happy Birthday!!!