Time, where does it go
Where does it go?? The last few weeks have been very manic and this week doesn't look to be much better what with work, a pitch tomorrow in Zurich and then returning here fri afternoon.
I don't ever have time to write any more, I'm tired and the poetry has gone up the spout....that's also because am very happy though.
Why does happiness = less angst = less creativity in terms of writing. Maybe I should give writing while happy a pop....just don't think it would be as interesting.
Onwards and Upwards and big spaces between blog entries....
xx
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know, I have had the same experience with writing and sadness/happiness. I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember and there's a very old entry where I address this. Why is it that when we're sad writing comes to us naturally and when we're happy there's really no time or interest in writing? I haven't found the answer to this yet, but I did make an effort from then on to write when I was happy, at least once, to document what was happening and be able to read back and realize my life was not so bad after all ; )
I think it has something to do with the angst of being sad, it;s somehow creative - perhaps why some geniusly creative people flirt with manic depression a lot of the time.
thankfully I don't, but I can see where it comes from...
Post a Comment