Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines day to myself

I know that valentines day is just a major ploy by clever marketing companies to make coupled up people think their partner doesnt like/love them enough, and make single people feel bad they're not with anyone...but still...I'm a little peed off today.

Is it too much to ask that someone says happy valentines to you, and tells you what you mean to them? I'm a girl it's been implanted into my brain that this should be what happens today.

I don't ask to get taken out for dinner
or get a big bunch of flowers
or a card

But something verbal, don't think that's too much to ask - especially when everyone else around it getting all these nice greetings and things from boyfriends, and I work with mine so saw him first thing...

I guess it's just because I havent been going out with anyone for years on Valentines day, and especially not someone I really like. Now am in a horrendously bad mood and have to try and tell him why tonight. It has been building up for a while I guess, just not feeling very cherished at the moment and I am quite a cherishing type of person to the one I'm with.

Grrrr @ today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Why is it that sometimes guys are just so clueless? Don't they have a good girl/woman friend? Every guy should have a woman (sister, friend, mother, someone!)to help them see the light, so that the love of their life actually realizes she is just that!