Monday, February 26, 2007


Rollerdisco was great, would definitely go back, especially if my lovely boyfriend would accompany me...he didn't make it in the end, he did have a good excuse (his brother is emigrating Oz) but he did also admit to me that he doesn't like doing things that he's not really good at so my judgement remains reserved.

It did mean I could scoot around and not worry too much about looking like a fool. I probably last went when I was around 13, so just move the numbers around a little for this birthday and voila!

As for the rest of the weekend, it was a bit of a blur - saturday trying to squeeze in two other birthdays, and meet up with the boyf in Clapham - one birthday fell by the wayside a little (I really must remember not to overbook myself now!!) And then the final birthday lunch with my mum and brothers and a few other friends who couldn't make it out to any of the other things on Sunday. I did think on Sunday evening that I won't try to celebrate with everyone next year, there doesn't seem much to celebrate any more except that it's a chance to get some people together I haven't seen in a long while. And it is a bit exhausting, maybe I'll just let the years go by a bit more quietly from now on....

Birthday = over for another year so it's really time to get living again....so I will.

Happy end of February everybody!! YES, IT'S STILL FREEZING OUTSIDE!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!!! That sounds like an awesome way to celebrate ones birthday. I wonder if we have roller-discos in NYC? I'm sure there could be.

The Sarjent said...

If they do you must go, it was sooo much fun, am sure they do have one and it has to be retro too!