Friday, February 16, 2007

Letter to the boyfriend I’ll never send:


Dear bf,

You know that I love you, it’s been said with more meaning and in more places (and positions) than I have ever dared say it before.

Take those words and treat them carefully, think of them as a pet, something to be kept alive.

If you don’t feed them, then like a pet they will die. Dinners cooked or restaurants visited will always be appreciated, but the absolute bread and water is just repeating them back to me once in a while.

If you don’t take those words out into the fresh air, then they will wither – walks anywhere are good, but I usually find ones past nice rivers, scenic romantic routes & pretty green parks get bonus tail wagging or purring action.

It’s good to keep me clean with a wash once in a while, showers work well as long as shampoo is liberally applied, but for real appreciation baths are still best, preferably with the lighting on dim so you can’t see any shagginess or stray fur/hairs.

Evenings snuggling on the sofa are also a pre-requisite and not just so you can watch rubbish television. Lots of stroking and kissing whilst watching the box is always a good thing, and means I know you still care even when the sport’s on.

I may wake you up in the mornings with a lick feeling a little frisky, but not as often as you will do it back to me. So when I do, don’t be grumpy, just GET UP!

NB Pet-names are ok but must’nt be too silly or they’ll make me feel like a stupid biatch.

Yours,

CCC (cool creative chick).


PS Without the pet metaphor, here’s a list of other things I really like doing too, just in case you’re ever interested:

Going to anywhere I’ve never been before (incl. parts of London) and wandering around

Walk by the river with a coffee and a hot sandwich

Any music show/gig/play that’s on

Being taken shopping any time :0)

Browsing the bookshops around Charing Cross road and going to neals yard for a healthy treat.

Magnum book shop, just off charing cross road (only when I’ve been paid!!)

The photographers gallery charing cross road (it’s free so as something to do and then go on)

Walk in any London park, pref when it’s not freezing.

Picnics (usually combined with the above)

Portobello Market, Spitalfields market, Borough Market, any market especially if little trinkets are involved.

Mini pub crawls in areas of London I haven’t been before

Brick Lane on Sundays, the Vibe Bar, 93 feet east.

A good trance night at a club!


Hahhaah this made me feel better, if only it could be sent, I don’t think he’d be amused, but never mind…

2 comments:

Jen said...

but you see, my question would be, why can't it be sent?! I think men are clueless sometimes and they could really use some inside information. I haven't read it yet, but apparently there's a book out there written by a women specially for men regarding dating. Maybe you want to get a copy a leave it somewhere he can just find it by "accident"?

Jen said...

Sorry, that got posted unfinished.
Here's the title and author.
A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend: For Every Guy Who Wants to Be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One
by Felicity Huffman, Patricia Wolff
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781401302917&itm=1