Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm still feeling happy at the moment, it's amazing how much we depend on work to give us a sense of worth...I'm not sure that is a good thing, but there we go!
Went to another 'free london' event last night, this time at the V&A. I have to say that the V&A at night is just beautiful - this old, old, victorian museum with the most amazing collections of just about everything. The floor is a whirl of mosaic patterns, and there is a huge glass sculpture hanging from the ceiling that is just amazing. I have been there so many times, but always manage to find something new to see. And....it's FREE! (apart from a glass of wine.)
Last night was the launch of an event called 'it's in the detail' or something, all about crafts. They had all these interactive displays where you can do things like mould a body part out of chocolate, make yourself up a designer paper shopping bag (i.e. scribble whatever you want over it), and wander around an exhibition dedicated to craft artists from around the world. It was really cool. But here, you can see for yourself!

Oh and that funky lady at the end is my very good friend Jana, she is always up for going to exhibitions, seeing bands, wandering around town and having adventures with me. She rocks!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Very cool. I do miss London. Haven't been there since Dec 1999.