Thursday, January 10, 2008

What a difference a day makes! It's late but I just had to post anyway before I feel differently!

Yesterday I was sat on my sofa with a stinking cold, wondering how on earth I was going to cope with life and trying to find work, feeling a little unloved (if truth be known) because no one had called or texted me in ages, and totally bored!

Today I have been to three agencies, and been called by another to make an appointment to see me. Everyone has loved the work I have shown them and promised to get me in when their work picks up (we'll wait and see on this one - people can talk the talk but they have to walk the walk before I'll believe them!!) It has been nice to show people work that I'm proud of, and that took a lot of time and effort to do, and hear that they like it and also think it's good.

I also made a bit of a detour and caught up with some of my old work buddies (apart from the obvious one of course). Just to hear that things haven't changed and all the old stuff is still going on makes me glad that I am out of there - however hard the job hunting and not having much work is being. I'd rather be sat on my sofa feeling sorry for myself than dealing with some of the stuff that goes on there. I realised now I'm out of it that I should've left a long time ago, I probably wasn't very happy with the agency or work I was doing for a while.
Distance really does make you get perspective on stuff!

I then caught up with some more friends this evening on the way home - and it's so nice to see people I haven't seen since before christmas and hear all their news - and again that not a lot has changed. I just kept thinking:
Ha, I have been to Japan and back, found myself, and everything has changed!!

I am still coldy and a little ill, but it really does do some good to get out the house and get out there (even when you don't feel like it) , It makes everything seems different. For now the feeling sorry/miserableness is at bay. Long may it stay that way!

Night. x

1 comment:

Jen said...

yay, that's so great! I'm glad you're happy and excited about the future, good luck with the job search!