Thursday, March 27, 2008

It always amuses me meeting up with old friends for drinks. You really see them in a different light when you don't see them every day any more.
One I met tonight is going through a bit of a rough time, but really it's quite draining talking to her. I want to shake her and tell her to get out there, change things, do some new things, not just get a new bloke, but you can't tell someone like her things like that. She is very different to me, which is ultimately why we worked so well together and get on so well, usually (!) too. It was nice to catch up but she's another one of those friends who doesn't realise it might not be that sensitive to talk about one's new man when you just broke up with the old man, with someone who's perennially single. Always. Anyway, I'm not one to grumble.
The bar was cool, the friends were kind of happy, the fruit martini's were amazing.
Nice night. x

No comments: