Anna just left. Had such an excellent time for my birthday - anna arriving, us chilling, fabi arriving along with two very unexpected guest friends (both very sweet, the bloke just a little annoying but still), then going to cafe, Albert Cuyp, Taart van mijn Tante, then back home to chill and get ready for the party.
The sitting around for a long time thinking no one was going to show, then the crowds arriving (it was very fun!!)
Kicking everyone out at around 12.30, getting a cab to Flex bar all on my lonesome, then getting totally hammered in there, n getting back home, via the shoarma place at 4.30 am. Feeling dire yesterday, watching loads of DVDs and films, eating quite a lot of junk food.
Lovely long lie in this morning, then to the photographic exhibition, then to a place on nine streets for lunch, then anna leaving :(
I have spent a fortune this weekend, the only slight downer was that Anna kind of used the excuse of things she'd bought me as not to give me any money towards anything. Then again when I stay with her I don't give her any money but usually buy her something when I leave, or take her out for dinner or whatever. I don't know why that bugs me, I know we have different attitudes towards money and stuff but I just wish she could relax a bit a bout things. Then I try and remember that she came and saw me, and so that is already like 100 euros or whatever spent. It will be better when I am saving a bit more money in my next place.
Good job this is a short month, it's always expensive for me but really have been going a bit mad as have also had the next deposit to pay, without getting this one back yet, buying meals - I think this week I have eaten out practically every night or at least 5 out of seven - got out of the rhythm of cooking which need to stop as I like home-cooked meals. I just can't be bothered to cook em.
Anyway, what a nice birthday weekend spent with friends. And now about to go around and spend the other with the other...also kinda nice.
Amsterdam life is good at the moment.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment